yulia chinato fWTwGRXQzI8 unsplash
yulia chinato fWTwGRXQzI8 unsplash

Buffalo Exchange: Your New Favorite Store

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Oregon chapter.

School is back in session and even though you’re probably already flooded with reading assignments, jobs and extracurricular activities, you shouldn’t let your style suffer.  If you’re ready to trade in those yoga pants and flip flops for something a bit more trendy, we’ve got you covered.

Image by Buffalo Exchange

Buffalo Exchange is a fashionista’s dream; they sell great quality vintage and used clothing and accessories that are actually in line with current trends. As a college student on a budget, I love the fact that I can fill my wardrobe with great pieces without breaking the bank and when I’m ready to do some spring cleaning, I can sell or trade my items on the spot.

“When I go to Buffalo Exchange, I never go looking for a specific piece of clothing, and it’s more exciting that way,” states Kelsey Abel, a UO senior. She thinks of it as a “treasure hunt” and always ends up with items that she typically wouldn’t purchase at a clothing store.

Another great thing about Buffalo Exchange is that if you pay them a visit in October, you can buy and sell Halloween costumes! They have a ton of selection of pieces that you can mix and match to create a costume that’s both fun and unique.

Buffalo Exchange is located at 131 East 5th Avenue, but you can also check out (and buy) some of their pieces at Second-Hand Zombies: The Salvaged Costume Show, our unique recycled fashion show this month! Come enjoy some yummy snacks, great music and most importantly, fabulous Halloween looks! I hope to see you there! Here are the deets:

Second-Hand Zombies: The Salvaged Costume Show

When: Wednesday, October 22nd from 6-9pm, doors open at 6 and the show starts at 7!

Where: EMU Ballroom

Cost: $3 suggested donation or clothing donation asked at the door. All donated clothing will go to the Lane Community College Student Closet.

Ashlee is a senior at the University of Oregon studying psychology. She is passionate about cognition and aspires to work in behavioral neuroscience and study Autism Spectrum Disorder. A HerCampus rookie, she is extremely excited to dive in and create great content for HC readers. In her spare time she loves to watch Netflix (Scandal and Orange Is The New Black are her favorites), eat carrot cake and have dance parties with her sister in their apartment. 
The official Her Campus Oregon account