Boseko Lokombo ’13

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Oregon chapter.

Name: Boseko Lokombo

Hometown: Abbotsford, B.C., but I was born in Kinshasa in the Congo.

Relationship Status: Happily taken

Year: Junior

Major: Super journalism

Hobbies: Video games, movies, sports, reading

People would be surprised to know: I speak three languages: English, French, and Lingala.

Who do you look up to?: My older brother, Boloy

What is the biggest misconception about college football players?: That they’re all stupid and they don’t have the knowledge to make it through college. Not all football players are jocks or jerks.

How did you get into football?: I really liked it from the beginning and when I started playing, I really got into it and just fell in love with the sport. It’s my passion.

Who are you closest to on the Duck team?: Everett Benyard, Jamaal Burrell, Mana Greig, Dustin Haines, and Avery Patterson

What is the first thing you do after a game?: The first thing I do after a victory is eat! I look for food!

Who is your celebrity crush?: Eva Mendes

What were you for Halloween?: The Fresh Prince of Bel-Air

Serena Piper will always be a Southern belle at heart, but for now she is a Senior Magazine Journalism student at the University of Oregon. She is an avid news reader and watcher, loves to bake yummy desserts and watch Sex and the City reruns, has big travel plans for after graduation and would eventually like to work for National Geographic. She wouldn't mind one bit if her life echoed Elizabeth Gilbert's in Eat, Pray, Love. To find out what Serena is up to, check out her blog and follow her on Twitter