The Biggest Baddest Bucketlist Competition

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Oregon chapter.

Picture spending six months traveling the world, all expenses paid. Top that with a $50,000 cash prize waiting for you when you return home. Sounds pretty unbelievable…wait, more so impossible, right?

Wake up people, this is not dream. It’s a real contest brought to you by MyDestination.com. They’re challenging people of all ages to film a travel tour of a destination that holds a special place in the heart. There are only a couple more weeks to submit a video, but when life gives you lemons, you make a travel destination video, and you win $50,000.

Yeah, ain’t gonna happen for me in two weeks, but hey if you’re up for it, I salute you.

For the less ambitious, entries have already been submitted from multiple destinations from London to Cincinnati, Barbados to Cape Town. Walks of life from all over the world are portrayed through these videos to give you a virtual mini-vacation.

Luckily for me, I am able to live vicariously through my amazing roommate, Ashley Evert. With the help of her uber-talented filmographer-friend Jordan, Ashley put together a breathtaking video centering in on beautiful Bend, OR. If you are an Oregonian, you have most likely visited Bend, or Bend’s surrounding areas at least once in your life. If you haven’t, please do. You will not regret it. From skiing and snow-shoeing in the winter, to canoeing and boating in the summer, the opportunity for adventure is never ending.

Hundreds of the most famous and glamorous travel destinations are represented, but of all the videos submitted, none are as intimate and awe-inspiring as Ashley’s video of Bend, OR. You probably think I am saying this because she is my roommate, so I’m going to let her video do the talking. If you enjoy it as much as I did, which I know you will, you can help Ashley seize this amazing opportunity by voting for her entry in the form of sharing it on a popular social media platform.

Without further adieu, I present to you the magnificent Bend, OR:

Ashley Evert’s Biggest Baddest Bucket List Entry

Rebecca is a senior at the School of Journalism and Communication at the University of Oregon. She is currently studying photography and magazine journalism. Hailing from the mountain town of Bend, Oregon, Rebecca values being outdoors, staying active, and the beauty in simple things. She loves seeing what other people are exploring in their fashion and finding new trends. Rebecca is a lover of all things creative, spontaneous, stylish, and interesting.