books on brown wooden shelf
books on brown wooden shelf
Susan Yin/Unsplash

The Best Things about Fall Term

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Oregon chapter.

With midterms behind us and Holiday Break in our near future, it’s time to discuss the best things about Fall Term. Even though we leave behind warm summer weather, and tanning on the beach (okay, maybe not in Oregon), welcoming fall and all the coziness it brings is sort of awesome. While each term of college has its own unique and fun aspects, fall term is the start of all those adventures. Here are some of the best things that fall term has to offer.

1.     It’s a chance for a different outlook. New term, new you. For some of us, fall term is the stepping stone we need to begin reaching the goals, and expectations we’ve set out for ourselves. Making goals for the school year starts somewhere, and that’s usually fall term. The beginning of a school year sets a tone that is unlike any other term. 

2.     New relationships. Whether it’s making new friends in your classes, finally talking to that cute person you’ve had your eye on, or networking with faculty; stepping out of your usual routine can lead to awesome possibilities.

3.     Football games. Even if you’re like me and have no concept of sports, nothing’s like walking to Autzen, wearing your school colors (face paint optional), and screaming your heart out.

4.     All the student events/organizations. Fall term is the time for almost all the events happening on campus. Regardless of your passions and hobbies, you’re bound to find something fun to get into, plus, it’s a perfect way to make new friends!

5.     Fall fashion. By far, one of the best things about fall is retiring your sundresses for big cardigans and leather boots. What could be better than bundling up, staying cozy, and looking stylish while you sip on your warm beverage?                                                                              

6.     It’s a fresh beginning. This is the start of a whole new year, the time where you can finally start joining those clubs you’ve been too preoccupied to join, trying that new yoga class, or looking into that internship you’ve been dreaming about.

It all starts here, so head into the end of this term with full force with confidence, and remember: you can do anything you set your mind to!

University of Oregon student taking everything as inspiration.