The Best Coffee Shops in Eugene

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Oregon chapter.

Like every college student, I like to start my mornings with a nice, hot cup of coffee. It’s what gets me going in the morning and is something that I definitely cannot live without.  Whether it’s an iced Caramel Macchiato, Chai Tea Latte, or an Espresso, I always have some sort of caffeine with me especially when studying late at night in the library. I would even say that I love coffee more than I love bacon, and I’m not even embarrassed to admit it!

Although my coffee addiction seems a little out of control, it has caused me to venture around Eugene looking to broaden my taste buds and try something different than my usual Starbucks fix. I’ve found places that not only serve great coffee, but also dish up delicious foods and provide spaces to study in. I am no coffee connoisseur, but I know what an amazing cup of coffee tastes like and am always looking for a great place to study! If you’re like me and love coffee or just looking for a place to grab lunch and hit the books, you’ll enjoy these coffee shops around Eugene!

VERO ESPRESSO HOUSE

14th and Pearl

Provides Wifi

Vero is my favorite coffee shop in Eugene because of its comfortable atmosphere, friendly customer service and charming qualities. This café is unique because it looks like an old Victorian home on the outside and feels cozy on the inside. I can relax and enjoy my 12 oz. latté and get some serious studying in all at the same time because they provide seating areas for you to lounge in and study. They also serve homemade Panini’s and other amazing baked goods. The foam pictures that they design on your coffee makes your experience that much sweeter!

WANDERING GOAT COFFEE CO.

268 Madison Street

Provides Wifi

I love coming to The Wandering Goat Coffee Co. because of it’s cool vibe and live bands that play during the weekend. Not only do they serve great coffee, but they also roast and sell their own coffee beans. The café is locally owned and the owners take pride in their vegan pastries, soups, and breads that they make using organic ingredients. My favorite snack to get at this coffee shop is their vegan multi-seed bagel and all of their  pastries are tasty and huge!

FULL CITY COFFEE ROASTERS

842 Pearl St

No Wifi

Although Full City doesn’t provide Wifi, I enjoy coming here because it’s a great place to hang out with your friends, read a book or have group meetings. Their homemade pastries are baked with local ingredients and their coffee beans are from a local beanery as well. I love their cheese and mushroom breakfast quiche and always order a chocolate latte with espresso. The best part about this drink is that they use homemade chocolate syrup…it’s amazing! 

Eugene City Bakery

19th and Agate

Wifi upon request

The Eugene City Bakery is close to campus and their baked goods are the best in town. Their handcrafted breads are made with organic and local ingredients and are always fresh out of the oven. They make a variety of baked goods from homemade baguettes, to ham and cheddar croissants–and even homemeade pizza. To top off how awesome this place is, they use house made caramel sauce and chocolate mixes in their coffee!

The Barn Light Coffee Shop and Bar

924 Willamette Street

Provides Wifi

Not only is this place an amazing coffee shop, but it also serves as a bar, which is a major plus! The Barn Light’s atmosphere is fun yet relaxing at the same time. Business people, professors and students can come here to relax with their friends over a pint of beer or study with a cup of coffee. Whether you’re looking for a good time with your friends or a cool place to study, The Barn Light is definitely the place to be!

The official Her Campus Oregon account