The Best Coffee Drinks You’ve Never Ordered

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Oregon chapter.

Being a self-described caffeine addict, I like to think of myself as having a pretty detailed knowledge of all things coffee. Of course, I love Starbucks caramel macchiatos and the traditional vanilla latte, and I’ve even been known to drink black coffee from time to time. But these are the drinks that took me several years of experimenting with drink menus and making friends with my baristas to discover. And now they’re yours to try. Enjoy!

1. A vanilla bean powder latte from Starbucks. My mom told me about this drink about a year ago and it has changed my taste buds forever. The vanilla bean powder makes it sweet without being too sweet, and some of the powder sinks to the bottom so the last few sips are extra vanilla-y and delicious.

2. Anything Irish cream flavored. Seriously…Irish cream makes every drink like it’s made with cream (like…Irish cream even. Imagine). It’s delish, especially mixed with caramel. Mmm!

3. Most people already know about flavor-infused Red Bulls/Rockstars/Rebels, but if you don’t, you’re seriously missing out. They’re delicious, they succeeded where the limited edition colored Red Bulls failed (the Silver Edition tastes like vitamins. Bad vitamins), and I swear the extra sugar in the flavoring makes the energy high that much more effective. My favorite flavor? Coconut.

4. If you’re trying to cut calories but still need your daily Starbucks fix (it’s just so inconveniently/conveniently close to campus, sorry bank account), try getting an Iced Americano. The Americano itself is only 15 calories for a grande, I know, and is extra delicious with three pumps of caramel and a dab of non-fat milk. This adds more calories, but it also makes it more latte-ish.

5. I used to love Chai lattes but never got them because they didn’t have enough caffeine (I told you I was an addict). Enter the solution: Dirty Chais! A chai latte with a shot of espresso. Delicious and caffeine-icious!

6. Breves, aka the single best tasting and worst thing for you ever. They’re made with whole milk, so they taste like drinking whipped cream (imagine that for a second). The downfall to this is knowing you’re indulging in something that is probably the calorie equivalent to a pan full of bacon. But still…you should at least try one of these heavenly things in your lifetime.

7. And finally, for those of you who aren’t afraid of having caffeine overdose heart attacks and have the caffeine tolerance of a small bear, Dutch Bro.’s ER-911. 6 shots of caffeine, a slightly coconut-y flavor, and the best way to be productive (or have a small nervous breakdown). I mean…6 shots. Yikes. Slash…yes please.

The official Her Campus Oregon account