This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Oregon chapter.

So…this is my last term of college and I’m sure many of you seniors can relate to how weird, yet exciting this time in your life is. Suddenly four years has flown by faster than you can remember, and it’s crazy to think that you have spent this long period of time in just one place. When I think back to freshman year when I was just an 18 year old who knew nothing about college or much of anything besides living with my parents, I fast forward to now and realize how much I have grown as an individual. It’s strange when you realize that four years ago you were overly hyped for college, wondering who your dorm roomie would be, and then suddenly it’s senior year finals week and you don’t know how to process this.

But, the real world, as daunting as it may seem, is a very exciting place filled with opportunity and chances to be independent and thrive on your own. Whether you are starting a new job, going to grad school or just moving to a new place, change can be intimidating, especially in the beginning. But what I have learned is that without doing things that scare or intimate you, you won’t grow as a person and learn how to be okay on your own in a new place that makes you uncomfortable. 

Finals week is already stressful enough with exams, papers and presentations, so adding change and the real world onto that equation can stack a huge load on you. What makes me feel more prepared and excited for what’s out there is the fact that everyone has to start somewhere and that everyone goes through these changes in life. If you are feeling overwhelmed, you are not alone in this weird flush of emotions that senior year spring term brings. Some days you feel sad to leave your friends, and other days you are ready for the next adventure. But whatever emotions you may feel, just know it’s all uphill from here.

Hi! I'm Hailey. I am a senior at the Unviersity of Oregon studying Advertising. I am a workout nut and a Certified Personal Trainer at our campus REC center. In my free time you can find me outside, either hiking, biking or exercising. I am also completley obsessed with the fashion industry and will hopefully be going into Fashion Merchandising and Marketing in the near future.