Alex Baldridge ’13

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Oregon chapter.

Age: 21
From: Burlingame, CA
Major: Business and Economics
Relationship status: Single

How do you like to spend your free time?
Hanging out with my bros, watching baseball, football and basketball. I also play a pretty mean Ping-Pong game.

Do you have any hidden talents?
I play the saxophone. I picked it up in 3rd grade. 

What did you want to be when you grew up?
I wanted to be a professional basketball player.

Do you consider yourself a dreamer or a realist?
I guess I would label myself as a dreamer. It helps me have a more positive outlook on things and to stay optimistic.

Who is your biggest role model and why?
My pops because he was the youngest of five and became the most successful of them all. He didn’t go to college and he’s still a boss.

What is your favorite part about the university of Oregon?
Not the weather (laughs). But I do like the campus a lot, and I love the football team.

Are you a morning person or a night person?
I’m definitely a night person. Waking up is really hard, unless I’m doing it for a special girl.

What’s on your bedside table right now?
A lamp, a book I’ve never read, miniature basketball (Reggie miller, Charles Barkely, Scotty Pippin, and THE Grant Hill) and my phone.

What’s your favorite TV show?
Bad Girls Club and Scrubs.

Yeah, you watch Bad Girls Club a lot…Why do you like it so much?
I like to watch the girls fight (laughs).

What is the first thing about a girl that catches your eye?
The smile.

What makes a girl “girlfriend” material in your eyes?
If she can hold a real conversation, knows a little bit about sports, and someone who can cook well.

Who is your celeb crush?
Zoe Saldana, the Avatar girl.

What are your biggest turnoffs when it comes to girls
Rudeness, like if you’re rude you suck, and I really don’t like “woo girls.”

N*sync or Backstreet boys?
N*sync. 

Maggie is a senior at the University of Oregon pursuing a degree in Public Relations and Communications through the School of Journalism. She enjoys hanging out with her friends, laying by the pool or on the beach, and traveling. Her favorite city in the world is Paris and she hopes to go back after graduation. Follow her on twitter at @mahilty