6 Wardrobe Pieces That Flatter Every Body Type

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Oregon chapter.

With so many different options of styles and shapes of clothing, it’s hard to determine what will look good. Many people may not know that there are actually six pieces of clothing that are universally flattering on anyone and everyone, no matter what shape or size you are.

1. The A-line cotton skirt
T
he knee-length hem, as well as the light fabric make for an effortless and stylish look on any figure because the way the skirt is shaped gives any girl an hourglass-like figure, accentuating your curves in a good way! For an even more flattering appearance, fashion a skirt with angled pockets because it draws attention away from the midline.

2. Low wedges in a neutral shade
They’re flattering shoes because they give the affect of long legs without the pain and discomfort of high heels or wedges. They make for great, flattering, and professional-looking shoes at that envious internship this summer! Make these shoes look fun by wearing a pair with a simple bow detail!

3. Utility jacket
With its simple band collar, its easy hip fit pockets, and casual look, it’s a laid back jacket that is very much in trend. A great addition to this already fashionable jacket is if it has drawstrings at the bottom which play up your waist!

4. Printed scarf
These cotton scarves are thin (meaning less bulk) and the array of colors looks great on every skin tone!

5. Simple cotton V-neck tee
A loose-fitting V-neck looks good on anyone because the fabric isn’t clingy. Typically girls should wear a V-neck that doesn’t have too low of a neckline because it looks modest and still flattering. Hint: pink flatters any complexion!

6. Bootcut jeans in a dark wash
These jeans flatter any body type because the slightly flared bottoms will accentuate the legs to make them appear longer than they are, as well as draw a straight line from the waist so that women look slim. Get these jeans in a mid-rise and it will help relax the tummy area, and flatter your body!

Serena Piper will always be a Southern belle at heart, but for now she is a Senior Magazine Journalism student at the University of Oregon. She is an avid news reader and watcher, loves to bake yummy desserts and watch Sex and the City reruns, has big travel plans for after graduation and would eventually like to work for National Geographic. She wouldn't mind one bit if her life echoed Elizabeth Gilbert's in Eat, Pray, Love. To find out what Serena is up to, check out her blog and follow her on Twitter