This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Oregon chapter.

With Mother’s Day right around the corner, you may be scrambling and looking for the perfect gift. More importantly than finding the perfect gift however, is finding a gift that can adequately convey how you feel about your mom! Of course every mother has different preferences for gifts, but giving a gift that is personal and meaningful is always a good idea. After all it’s the thought that counts! Hopefully one of these gift ideas can inspire you on your journey to find the perfect gift.

1. Potted Houseplant

The preferable alternative to flowers and besides plant’s can brighten anyone’s day! If you’re looking for a more permanent gift, than say a bouquet of flowers, a cute potted plant or succulent is a good option. Not only do they add decoration, but studies have shown that having indoor plants can boost your mood and productivity making them the perfect gift.

2. Satin Pajamas/ Lounging Pajamas

Who doesn’t love a pair of comfy pajamas? There are so many options out there, but chances are your mom would love some new and comfortable pajamas or a lounge set. The perfect gift followed by a spa day.

3. Customized/Matching Jewelry

This is for the mom who loves her jewelry. Buying a matching pair of necklaces or bracelets for both you and your mom can be a special gift. Another option would be to customize an inscription on a bracelet, which adds a personal touch to a fairly common gift.

4. Vintage Rug

If you’re looking for a decorative gift with a hint of cozy, a rug might be right up your alley. Although a rug might not seem like a personal gift, it can be useful and practical and not to mention keep your feet warm.

5. Handwritten Poem

A poem can be a meaningful gift, and it’s even more special when it’s written by yourself! And don’t be scared, you don’t have to be an accomplished poet to give it a try. Poems can be touching, humorous and personal all at once. You can also go the extra mile by framing it for display.

6. Homemade Collage

Once again if you’re looking for an inexpensive but meaningful gift, a DIY project is always a win. Try making a framed collage with all of your favorite pictures of your mom; it’s the perfect way to remind her of all of your favorite memories with her.

Although every mom is different, everyone appreciates a gift that has meaning behind it. Even something as simple as a sweet and encouraging card, can make a perfect gift!

Alanna Uding

Oregon '22

Hi I'm Alanna! I'm from Portland Oregon and I'm currently a senior at University of Oregon with a major in Education and a minor in English. I love going on hikes, runs, trying new coffee shops and in my free time, writing. I'm excited to contribute to a creative space focused on empowering women!
The official Her Campus Oregon account