5 Ways To Feel Cheerful On Valentines Day

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Oregon chapter.

Valentine’s day might not be the most popular day for those of us that are single, but that doesn’t mean the day shouldn’t be celebrated. Instead of rolling your eyes at happy couples and complaining about the endless amount of Instagram posts, look at Valentine’s Day as a chance to give yourself some self-love. Here are some ways you can make your day special…

1. Talk to those you love

Even if you don’t have a significant other at the moment, that doesn’t mean there aren’t people out there that you love. Call your parents, sister, brother, or friend. The day isn’t just about your boyfriend or girlfriend. It’s a day to celebrate all the people in your life that you care about.

2. Buy yourself something out of the ordinary

Switch up your routine and buy something special for yourself – you deserve it! Stop and buy flowers on your way home or spend $5 on a fancy latte. We all need a pick-me-up every now and then and Valentine’s Day just happens to be the perfect excuse to do so.

3. Get crafty  

Spend some time channeling the artist that’s inside of you. Turn up the music, pull out some colored pencils, and start creating! Not only is this a good stress reliever, it is something simple you can do to make the day feel special. Mail your favorite creations to those you love.

4. Bake

Valentine’s Day is the perfect day to indulge in something sweet. Bake your favorite chocolate chip cookies or go online and find a new recipe you want to try out. Share the love by decorating cupcakes and delivering them to your friends – a good deed that will leave both of you feeling happy.

5. Pamper yourself

Make an appointment to get a manicure, massage, or a facial. Taking some time to treat yourself is the perfect way to make the day extra special. If you’re watching your budget, you can always light a candle, paint your nails, and put on a face mask at home. Kick your feet up and relax!

Valentine’s Day isn’t just for people in relationships. It’s a fun day that can be special if you chose to make it that way. Focus on the people in your life that make you feel loved and remember to take some time to treat yourself.

The official Her Campus Oregon account