5 Sweet Things to Satisfy Your Mouth if you are Gluten/Dairy free

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Oregon chapter.

Hearing the words “no dairy” or “no gluten” are devastating to most, yet enlightening to others. However, many dairy and gluten free people struggle with that sweet tooth to satisfy their stomachs at the end of the night. If you’re like me and can’t get your mind off of those after dinner sweets, here are some dairy and gluten free alternatives that will do just the trick.

1.     Coconut Bliss Ice Cream

Most people will notice right off the bat that this treat is dairy free in stores and supermarkets, but many do not know just how delicious it is. Coconut Bliss products come in all different flavors, from Peanut Butter Salted Caramel or Classic Coconut, these products will give Ben and Jerry’s a run for their money, especially in the dairy free department.

2.     So Delicious Yogurt and Ice Cream

So Delicious offers dairy free milk, yogurt, and Ice Cream at an affordable price. Change the game and add the chocolate milk to your morning smoothie, or make some yogurt with the variety of different flavors for an after dinner snack with some fruit and honey. It’s not only healthy for you, but it’s good.

3.Capellos Gluten/Dairy free cookie dough

Capellos is one of the best companies to buy gluten and dairy free pasta, pizza dough, cookies dough, and more. Not only is it made out of almond flour, but also it has dairy free chocolate chips because losing that chocolate in a dairy free diet is killer.

4.     Dark Chocolate, Peanut Butter and Banana Blizzard

Can’t get your mind off of Dairy Queen this week? Fear no more. Many types of dark chocolate don’t include dairy in them and are healthier than milk chocolate. Mix together some coconut yogurt, chocolate almond milk with a little dark chocolate and Banana on top in the blender, and you have yourself your very own homemade blizzard!

5. Sweet Life Patisserie: Gluten/Dairy free heaven.

Sweet life is a local neighborhood bakery in Eugene, Oregon. Not only is everything but their bagels and bread made in house, but they offer endless amounts of gluten, dairy, and egg free treats that most people wouldn’t know how to make on their own. My favorites there are the fudge chocolate cupcakes, the pumpkin pie, and the coconut cream pie. Not seeing what you want? If you call in, they can make sure your order is ready when you walk in the door within just a few hours of calling. This place has become a go-to for me over the last year, and I can’t get enough of it.

My name is Chandler Baker, a senior at the University of Oregon. I am a public relations major and expect to graduate in June 2018 with a Bachelor of Arts from the School of Journalism and Communication. I am addicted to caffeine, concerts, and the outdoors.
The official Her Campus Oregon account