etienne girardet Xh6BpT 1tXo unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
etienne girardet Xh6BpT 1tXo unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp
This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Oregon chapter.

Finally, the best season of the year is upon us! Between beach days, hikes, and other mischief inbetween, you’re in for many months of fun. Here’s my personal summer necessities to make the most of this season.

1. Sunscreen

I know, I sound like a mom having this as the first thing on the list, but protecting your skin is important. An estimated 1 and 5 people develop skin cancer in their lifetime and it is the most common form of the cancer. 

2. Disposable Cameras
Step up your #aesthetic home girl. Live out your 90s teen dreams and haul around your green piece of plastic, then ta the end of summer have them developed and reminicse over all the groovy times you might have already forgotten. 

3. Sand Cloud Towel 
I am beyond obsessed with my Sand Cloud towel. They come in so many beautiful patterns and they’re incredibly soft, perfect for lazy days by the pool or when you’re traveling. Even cooler, 10% of the profits go toward protecting marine life. Use the coupon code ElissaC25 for 25% off your order! Happy shopping collegiettes!

4.Journal

Now a “Dear Diary” entry is fine and dandy, but mix it up. Add pictures. Write down your favorite hikes and who you were with. Doodle with your friends. Receipts, stickers, and any other unique personal touches will be fun to look back on. 

5. Adventure Hat

You and your squad will look legit with coordinating adventure hats. Dorky, but legit. Whether y’all opt for baseball hats or adventerous bucket hats, where ever you cruise, you’ll be kicking it in style. 

Elissa is a sophomore studying Arts Management at the University of Oregon. In addition to being senior editor of Her Campus Oregon, she is recruitment coordinator and campaign co-director for Climate Justice League, a member of Music Industry Collective, and works as a barista. When she's not hiking or watching documentaries, she's creating collages and dope Spotify playlists. In the future she hopes to travel the world and work for a major music festival. 
The official Her Campus Oregon account