This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Oregon chapter.

This past spring during the quarantine period I perfected my smoothie-making. It became a science for me. Each morning I would test new measurements or ingredients in the recipes I was coming up with until I finally figured out what I enjoyed the most. My boyfriend plays football, so I also worked on making the smoothies into protein shakes by adding protein powder. I tried many different combinations and finally figured out the best recipes. So, I held onto them and I’ve been making these smoothies and protein shakes all summer, fall, and winter. I forgot that I could share them with others so they too can try them out. An important note is on the agave or honey option. I use agave because I’ve found it makes the texture better and is a natural sweetener. Honey can also be used, but it isn’t quite as healthy. If you do use honey I recommend using a little less than you would with agave! The measurements provided are for agave. 

6oz of milk of choice

1 ½ cup blueberries

1/3 cup bananas

1 ½ cups of ice

1 ½ TBSP peanut butter

3 TBSP agave or honey

This smoothie reminds me of captain crunch. I’ve made it for other people too and they agree. It has the peanut butter flavor and slight fruit flavor. This one is my go-to smoothie when I don’t really know what I want. It is delicious. To make this smoothie taste like a peanut butter and jelly sandwich (minus the bread), swap the blueberries for strawberries!

When I make this smoothie into a protein shake I use a scoop of vanilla protein powder.

6 oz of milk of choice

1/3 cup bananas

2 cups of ice

1 ½ TBSP peanut butter

2 TBSP agave or honey

This is a classic. My dad would make a protein shake for me for breakfast when I was little and he always did peanut butter and banana. Without protein powder, this is just a yummy peanut butter banana smoothie.

When I make this smoothie into a protein shake I use a scoop of chocolate protein powder.

6 oz apple juice

1 ½ cup strawberries

1/3 cup bananas

1 acai packet or 1/3 cup acai

1 ½ cups ice

3 TBSP agave or honey

When I want a really fruity smoothie I choose this one. The apple juice, strawberries, bananas, and acai combine to give you all of the fruit flavors you could want.

When I make this smoothie into a protein shake I use a scoop of flavorless or vanilla protein.

6 oz orange juice

1 ½ cup strawberries

1 ½ cup pineapple

1 acai packet or 1/3 cup acai

1 cup ice

3 TBSP agave or honey

This is the best breakfast smoothie! All of the fruits have really bright flavors that are perfect for a morning pick-me-up and the orange juice always reminds me of breakfast.

When I make this smoothie into a protein shake I use a scoop of vanilla protein.

6 oz of milk of choice

1-2 scoops of cookies n’ cream protein powder*

1/3 cup bananas

1 ½ TBSP peanut butter

2 cups of ice

3 TBSP agave of honey

This is a “smoothie” that actually has to be a protein shake in order for it to work. The cookies n’ cream protein powder provides the flavor. This shake is like an oreo with peanut butter on it. So comforting, so so so delicious.

I use 1 scoop of cookies n’ cream protein powder.

Adjustments might need to be made to the recipes based on how much smoothie you actually want to be produced, and what consistency you like. These measurements are just what I have found work for me. The measurements will probably need adjusted based on your blender too. It’s all trial and error but I can say for sure these recipes are amazing!

The official Her Campus Oregon account