sarah gualtieri 9CApNIkRXRI unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
sarah gualtieri 9CApNIkRXRI unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp

5 Best Halloween Movies from Our Childhood

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Oregon chapter.

It’s no doubt that Halloween as a kid (and now) was one of the best holidays of the year. I mean let’s think about it here: dressing up, scaring people, AND getting candy! What could be better? And don’t even get me started on how exciting it was to wear your Halloween costume to school…

As the anticipation of the holiday grew, most of us found ourselves in front of the TV watching movies dedicated to the 31st of October. Looking back on it now, those movies were some of the best of my childhood, so I thought we could all take a trip down memory lane and recall upon the best Halloween movies of our childhood.

1. Halloweentown – 1998

Oh Marnie Cromwell and her family’s quest to defeat Calabar and save Halloweentown – what a noble tale. This is the film that gave me full hope for years that I was a witch and my powers would miraculously come one day after my mom wouldn’t let me have a cookie before dinner… I’m still waiting.

2. It’s The Great Pumpkin, Charlie Brown – 1996

Only the most exciting night of trick or treating for Charlie Brown and his friends. I wonder if the great pumpkin ever showed up.

3. Don’t Look Under the Bed – 1999

As if the Boogeyman wasn’t a threat enough in our innocent adolescent lives!

4. Under Wraps- 1997

While most movies featured a pet cat or dog, the kids in this movie found themselves a pet mummy! This Disney Channel Original brought the anticipation of Halloween to an ultimate high as the characters attempted to return the mummy to his coffin before midnight!

5. Hocus Pocus – 1993

Before Sarah Jessica Parker shot to fame playing the great Carrie Bradshaw, she was the blonde member of the Sanderson Sisters witch clan. Although the plot of this film was rather insidious, we couldn’t help but laugh at the witches’ hilarious performance of “I Put a Spell On You.”

University of Oregon student taking everything as inspiration.