person taking photo of pants and shoes
person taking photo of pants and shoes
SHTTEFAN/Unsplash

5 Apps That Will Enhance Your Instagram

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Oregon chapter.

If you’re an avid Instagrammer or just starting out, these apps will give your pictures the oomph they need to stand out. They’re all easy to use and the pictures you create can be exported to several other apps including DropBox. With these apps you’ll be able to create a collage, add typography, change the shutter speed and more! Check them out.

1. Pic Stitch 

This is one of my favorite apps! It allows you to combine multiple photos into one perfectly framed picture and then exported to Instagram. With a simple user interface, anyone can use this app. It features 32 different layouts and 11 different photo aspect ratios. Did I mention you can rotate, mirror, flip and add shadows? 

2. Slow Shutter Cam

If you love hipster looking pictures but aren’t a pro with an actual DSLR camera, this app will make your life a tad bit easier! Slow Shutter Cam is a DSLR inspired app that features three different shooting modes to help you capture a picture with slow shutter speed effects. Check out “Light trail.” So cool!

3. iDarkRoom

Have you ever wanted to work with photos in a dark room? Here’s your chance but virtually! This app features over 20 color filters, 10 film papers effects and 10 frame effects. You can also zoom blur, circular blur, saturate, contrast and add tilt shift!

4. My InstaAlbum

Is organization your thing? This app lets you organize Instagram photos by date, location, tag or filter! There are also sorting options that can determine your most used filters, tags, and photographed locations. Instagram pictures can also be exported to DropBox straight from your phone.

5. Overgram

For the creatives and lovers of typography, this app allows you to quickly add text to a picture. With 10 different types of fonts, you can make your picture stand out. It’s easy. Choose a font then resize, align and position the text!

The official Her Campus Oregon account