This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Oregon chapter.

Spring is officially here! Spring flowers, romantic floral print dresses, and sunny weekend getaways, as well as spring beauty and makeup trends have arrived! Spring beauty is all about easy effortless makeup, fresh dewy skin, and experimenting with color. Even though the year is almost halfway done,  there is still time to spruce up your makeup routine. With fun trends such as neon lips to flirty lashes, these easy tips and tricks can brighten up any collegiette’s makeup routine just in time for spring.

Bright Lips

This season, bright lipstick, sometimes almost neon, is a huge trend. However, do not be intimidated because a bright lip is easier to pull off than it seems. With a variety of shades from hot pink, to bright coral, pretty lilac, and bright red, it is easy to find the perfect shade. This instant confident booster is perfect for any springitime occasion.

Pastel Nails

This oh-so-pretty trend is a cult favorite because it is not only girly, but makes your skin look super tan. Pastel colors are a major trend for spring 2013 , and nail polish is a very chic and simple way to apply the trend for everyday wear. Ranging from light pink to a light lavender or mint, pastel nails are the perfect springtime accessory.

Glowy Goddess Skin

Fake radiant skin with these simple tricks for a perfect goddess glow. 1st use a BB cream all over your face. BB creams are wonderful because they are not only lightweight and moisturizing, but provide a healthy radiance to the skin. Next top of your BB cream with a highlighter, a simple sweep across the tops of your cheekbones and bridge of your nose instantly add lift and brightness to your face.

Flirty Lashes

Although long curled eye lashes never go out of style, flirty lashes are a must for easy effortless spring makeup. Extra long lashes are a perfect complement to a bright pink lip and glowy cheek. Make sure to curl your lashes before applying mascara to get a stay-all-day curl. Try a mascara with a lengthening formula to achieve this perfect look.
Colored Eye Liner.

Feeling daring? Colored eye liner is an effortless way to make your makeup POP! With a variety of colors, formulas, and options, it is a fun way to really bring the colors of springtime into your eye-makeup routine. Tip: Apply the colored eye-liner only to your waterline. That way it is not color-overkill and only appears when your looking up.

What’s your favorite spring beauty trend?

Rachel is a Junior at the University of Oregon studying Journalism, Advertising, and English. She is on the writing team for HCO. She aspires to become an editor of a fashion magazine, a food writer, or creative strategist at an advertising firm. Rachel has always loved the freedom of writing and loves all things creative, makeup, fashion, food and Art History. When not studying for school, she enjoys the beach, traveling, dancing, and eating Nutella.
The official Her Campus Oregon account