14 Things That Happen When You’re Addicted to Amazon Prime

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Oregon chapter.

1.  Impulse buying things you don’t need.

My favorites are funny books about cats and old CDs. 

2.  Impulse buying things you actually do need.

I can get my tea and face moisturizer delivered in the same package, without leaving the house. 

3.  Finding cool / interesting / useful things that you didn’t know you needed.

Like a waffle iron.  Everybody should have a waffle iron. 

4.  Finding the perfect gifts for other people.

Instead of aimlessly wandering around the mall shopping for the perfect gift, just search for their interests on Amazon. 

5.  Getting to shop from the comfort of your home. 

You get to stay in bed, wear your PJs, and shop without leaving your house.  What a time to be alive. 

6.  Amazon gift cards are the best gift ever.

Just tell those aunts, uncles, and grandparents to send you an Amazon gift card.  Then everyone’s happy, and you don’t have to pretend to love a gift that you probably wouldn’t have picked out for yourself. 

7.  The wishlist feature makes your life 10x easier.

Do you ever see something you want in a store, only to forget about it when you get home?  Or do you ever have trouble when people ask what you would like for your birthday/Christmas/Hanukkah/etc?  Amazon’s wishlist eradicates these problems, because everything you want will be in one convenient list.

8.  You can find discounts not available in stores.

Amazon has great daily deals!

9.  No shipping fees!

Rather than wasting your hard-earned money on postage and shipping, you can use that money to buy more items on Amazon!

10.  Music / video streaming instantly. 

* Since we’re all also addicted to Netflix, this is a feature that can be used in tandem with your other streaming services. 

11.  They have everything – it’s a one-stop shop.

You don’t have to run around town to all the different stores, try to find parking, or face the crowds.  Everything is in one easy place. 

12.  Instant Kindle books are make reading easy.

Plus, Kindles are light and portable, so you can always take your books with you. 

13.  Bundles and recommendations help you determine your next relevant purchase.

This feature is nice while you’re aimlessly browsing, and usually leads to #3 (finding things you didn’t know you actually needed).

14.  Nothing beats the excitement of getting a package in the mail. 

Whether it’s from Mom, a friend, or Amazon, packages usually bring great things.  

The official Her Campus Oregon account