12 Tracks to Listen to if You’re Feeling Moody this Holiday Season

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Oregon chapter.

Shut Up Kiss Me: Angel Olsen

Highlighted Lyric: “Shut up kiss me, Hold me tight, Stop your crying, It’s alright.”

Release date: 2016

Hype: Sad13

Highlighted lyric: “Who is she? A ditz, a rogue, a bitch? Naw, call me warrior, non-pejorative That’s the shoe that fits.”

Release date: 2016

It’s Just Us Now: Sleigh Bells

Highlighted Lyric: “Now I’m really, really racin.’ Steppin’ on throats, clippin’ the knees. All that flesh and blood.”

Release date: 2016

Smile More: Deap Vally

Highlighted Lyric: “And I am not ashamed of my sex life. Although I wish it were better.”

Release date: 2016

Urge to Purge: Charly Bliss

Highlighted Lyric: “If this is playing grown-up. Hold my hair back as I throw up.”

Release date: 2014

Nothing More than a Body: Skating Polly

Highlighted Lyric: “He was grasping my whole life fully. She told me not to worry. He is nothing more than a body.”

Release date: 2016

Karen Revisited: Sonic Youth

Highlighted Lyric: “She’s not in your history books. Lost her mind and kept her looks.”

Release date: 2002

Boys (That I Dated in High School): The Prettiots

Highlighted Lyric: “You said you were a painter, mostly you were a waiter. A stoner and a skater. So I had to say later.”

Release date: 2016

Salvation: The Liminanas

Highlighted Lyric: “Wind is blowing. I remember nothing. When I think of you”

Release date: 2012

Get Bummed Out: Sports

Highlighted Lyric: “You were confusing but I can take care of myself. I just wish sometimes that I didn’t always have to.”

Release date: 2015

Only Happy When it Rains: Garbage

Highlighted Lyric: “You know I love it when the news is bad. Why it feels so good to feel so sad?”

Release date: 1995

Depreston: Courtney Barnett

Highlighted Lyric: “This place seems depressing. It’s a Californian bungalow in a cul-de-sac”

Release date: 2015

All songs are currently available to stream on Spotify.  

The official Her Campus Oregon account