Why Valentine’s Day Isn’t the Absolute Worst from a Single Girl

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at OR State chapter.

It can be hard to be single when Valentine’s Day comes around, trust me, but here are a few things to look forward to during the week as told by some of your favorite gifs!

1. The morning of Valentine’s Day you can jump out of bed and start dancing because today is really just another day.

You know, another day plus lots of red, pink, and chocolate.

2. You don’t have to worry about buying a gift for your significant other!

The only thing you have to worry about when Valentine’s Day comes around is what type of food you’re going to be ordering in.

3. I don’t care how against Valentine’s Day you are; rom coms will always be good.

Whip out He’s Just Not That Into You or Notting Hill with a group of your girls and everything will be okay.

4. Galentine’s Day is a thing, instead of hanging out by yourself and wallowing in self pity, invite your girls over for a fun night together.

I mean really, who doesn’t want to spend an awesome day with their girl friends and endless amounts of junk food?

5. Treat yourself.

Whether you’re buying a new outfit, makeup, home furniture or even flowers, order something online and send it yourself with a little “you deserve this note” for the special day.

6. Can anyone say “half price chocolate on February 15th?”

Valentine’s Day doesn’t have to be terrible. Just because you aren’t dating someone doesn’t mean the day can’t be fun! Don’t buy into the idea that if you’re single, you have to be unhappy today on Valentine’s Day — you don’t. Treat it like a normal day but just a little bit better because you get to buy candy and not feel bad about it.

What are your plans for Valentine’s Day? Let us know in the comments below!

Volleyball player and English major at Oregon State!