Sexual Assault Resources on the Oregon State Campus

There are many on campus resources at Oregon State that are available for students who have been sexually assaulted. If you or a friend have been sexually assaulted, please seek one or more of these resources and get the help you deserve!

SASS

One of the most valuable resources here on campus is the Sexual Assault Support Services (SASS). SASS helps students who have been sexually assaulted or raped by providing emotional support in order to help them in the healing process. On the official website for SASS, they specifically say, “SASS is a team of trained or experienced counselors who provide support for students of all genders, who have experienced any form of unwanted sexual contact or relationship violence.” SASS also urges students to use their legal, counseling, and health services in order to prevent future assaults and to help catch the perpetrator.

CAPS

Another resource on campus is the Counseling and Psychological Services (CAPS). CAPS is open for all students who would like counseling. It also specifically helps students who have been sexually assaulted and need to heal and open up about what happened to them. Overall it is an amazing resource that most students do not even realize is there.

Additionally, there are many other ways students can report unwanted acts of violence or sexual crimes.

Counseling and Support Resources:

Counseling Center, (541)-737-2131

Student Health Services, (541)-737-9355

Sexual Assault Support Services, (541)-737-7604

Reporting Options:

University Police:

Campus Non-Emergency: (541)-737-3010

Campus Emergency: (541)-737-7000

Corvallis Police Department, 911

We hope these resources can help either you or a friend in need! If you have any other resources that those who are sexually assaulted should know about, please let us know in the comments below.