Relay for Life – March Madness

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at OR State chapter.

This week is Oregon State’s Relay for Life March Madness event. Relay for Life will take place on May 15th, 2015 in the Memorial Union Quad, and this year’s theme is “Re-Lei for Life!”

Relay for Life events benefit the American Cancer Society, and every year the Relay For Life movement raises more than $400,000,000 for the cause. The American Cancer Society puts these donations to work, investing in groundbreaking research for every type of cancer and providing free information and services to cancer patients and their caregivers. According to the Relay for Life website, the organization is “fighting for every birthday threatened by every cancer, in your community and everyone else’s.”

This week is the start of an amazing incentive that you can earn for your team at the event. The team that has the most sign-ups between Monday and Friday will earn free pizza at the event, and it is only $10 to register today!

Relay for Life will be tabling in the quad on Tuesday and Thursday, and they will also be having a Chipotle fundraiser on Thursday where 50% of the profits benefit the Oregon State Relay for Life event. All you have to do is show the flyer below or mention Relay at the Chipotle register and it will benefit the cause!

This is a great week to stat fundraising and signing up for Relay, so what are you waiting for?

I am currently in my 3rd year at Oregon State and majoring in merchandising management. I am an intern for Beaver Athletics, a part-time student archive worker at the library. I am involved in many organizations including HerCampus, DAMchic magazine, Chi Theta Phi, and Relay for Life.