A Letter From the Editor: Her Campus at Oregon State

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at OR State chapter.

Hello, Collegiettes!

You may have noticed by now that there have been some changes to our website and social media sites. All of our handles and pages have been updated to reflect our name change to “Her Campus at Oregon State” as opposed to simply “Her Campus Oregon State.”

This change is a result of us becoming a Volunteer Student Organization! Becoming recognized by Oregon State University in this way means that we will be able to host more events on campus for all of you in a much more visible manner. This is going to allow us to do some amazing things for you all this coming term!

With all changes, however, come some minor setbacks. Because VSOs are not permitted to use the university’s name in conjunction with their group, we have had to change all of our URLs to reflect this change, which created a rippling effect throughout our sites. Here are the major changes:

• Our URL is now hercampus.com/or-state
  • Our chapter’s contact email is now orstate@hercampus.com (OR laravlw@hercampus.com).
  • Our Facebook URL is now facebook.com/hercampusatoregonstate
  • Our Twitter handle is now @hcatoregonstate
  • Our Instagram handle is now @hcatoregonstate
  • We will now be using the hashtag #HCAtOregonState
  • Anywhere on our site that has Oregon State’s name on it will now say “At Oregon State.” This may cause some areas to sound grammatically incorrect, but we promise it’s not our fault! The way the site is set up, all references to OSU now have to have the “at” entered in beforehand.
  • Some old articles may now link back to an “error” page when you try and navigate through the rest of the site from them. This is because they were created with the old URL. If you have this problem with any article, simply add the “at” into the URL at the top of the page to return to any section you want!
  • Our banners have also been updated to reflect these changes.

That’s about it! We hope you are understanding with us as we go through these changes. Any new content published form here on out will have the new URL in place, so starting next term we should be good to go! Please feel free to reach out to us if you have any questions or concerns, and we’ll see you next term! Get excited!

HCXO,

Lara

Lara is a graduate of Oregon State University, with a degree in New Media Communications and minors in writing and Spanish. Currently, Lara resides in New York City and works in the Influencer Marketing space.