Get the Look: Zendaya

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at OR State chapter.

At the age of 19, Zendaya has already had her share of haters. Even still, we all know that she is basically the queen of killer red carpet style. She is a pro at switching up her look from vintage inspired to high fashion, bohemian, and edgy chic. I’m here to help you recreate some of this style chameleon’s most sought after looks!

1. Her sophisticated Beauty Con look

To recreate Zendaya’s Beauty Con look for daily life, swap out her blue bralette for a comfy blue sweater and her killer heels for some shoes you can wear around campus. Choose a common color palette like she did and then just vary the textures and patterns.

2. Her all over sequin BET Awards look

To recreate Zendaya’s sequined look from the BET Awards for your everyday style, try incorporating sequins into your accessories and outerwear instead of an overall look. Sequins can be scary at first if you’re not used to the daring style, but there are easy ways to work them into a casual look.

3. Her numerous sassy sweatshirt looks

Just like most of us, Zendaya likes to express herself through her style. Even when she’s not rocking the red carpet she still likes to make a statement, and she tends to let her shirts do the talking. You’re going to need a look for those nights staying in with Netflix, and this is definitely it.

4. Her seventies inspired 2014 AMA’s look

Zendaya channeled another style icon, the lovely Diana Ross, with this 70’s disco inspired look, and you can recreate it, too! I went fairly exact with this recreation, but I think it could be perfect for impressing your apparel design professors or for wearing to a fashion show on campus. It’s a bold look, but for an outfit this good you’ll find the right occasion.

5. Her Billboard Music Awards Animal Print look

Zendaya went for a bold, in your face outfit with her animal print look at this year’s Billboard Music Awards. The key to rocking lots of leopard print in one look is to change up the sizes of the patterns and add some solid pieces.

Stay tuned for more of the Get that Look series for fashion from your favorite celebrities, TV shows, music videos and more! To view any of the Polyvore sets featured above with more detail about the items click here!

Madeline is a Senior at Oregon State majoring in Merchandising Management and minoring in writing. She was the 2016-'17 president of Chi Theta Phi, a local design sorority on campus. If she's not in class, at a club meeting, chapter, or writing, she's probably spending time with her family, friends, walking her dogs, eating junk food, or watching too many crime, comedy, or fashion shows on Netflix. She likes cheese, dogs, creative projects, obnoxious animal prints, garage sales, farmer's markets, and generally just being silly.