Fall Fashion Trends that Effortlessly Transition to Winter

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at OR State chapter.

It’s officially my favorite time of the year — the weather is getting colder, the leaves are getting crunchier, and it’s time to bring out my fave fall styles! From chunky boots and cozy sweaters to duster coats and distressed denim, I’m all about this season’s style.

Whether I’m running off to work or studying in the library, t-shirt dresses are my go-to for comfy style. I love how versatile they are, and they’re definitely my favorite closet staple right now. I’ve linked a variety of cute ones for you (all gray, because that’s my favorite neutral, obvi ;) ) at all price points to help you add some to your closet as well!

If you follow me on Instagram, you probably know how obsessed I am with my burgundy Zara booties that I scored at a resale store in Seattle. Burgundy is definitely  the hottest color of the season, and I love how they add a pop of color to my neutral and monochrome outfits.

Blanket scarves are amazing simply because they are exactly what the name says: blankets & scarves. I am OBSESSED with mine because I can just throw it over any outfit before running out the door, and I can easily switch up how I’m wearing it as the temperature changes. It’s perfect for when I don’t want to get out of bed to head to class, because it’s like wrapping myself up in a portable and socially acceptable blanket. Who doesn’t need one of those?

Duster coats are definitely having a moment right now as well, and I’m sure this trend will continue well into the winter. I was able to score an orchid yellow Forever 21 duster at the resale shop I manage the other day, but I’m also looking for a good neutral, sleeveless one to add to my wardrobe. The ones I have linked above are definite possibilities!

The one closet staple that I’ll definitely wear year-round is a good pair of distressed denim. I recently DIY’d my own pair from a super high-waisted Goodwill find, and I’m in love! Style a good pair with some heeled booties, a slouchy sweater, and a versatile folding clutch and you’ve got yourself the perfect fall outfit for brunch, girl’s night, date night, and beyond.

What will you be wearing this fall/winter? Let us know in the comments!

This post was originally featured on Lara’s Blog, Sea Foam + Diamonds.

Lara is a graduate of Oregon State University, with a degree in New Media Communications and minors in writing and Spanish. Currently, Lara resides in New York City and works in the Influencer Marketing space.