Essentials for Survivng Fall Term (and Beyond!)

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at OR State chapter.

How is it already week 5?! Even though fall term is (almost) halfway over, we’re still feeling that Back to School slump. Thankfully, Her Campus and our amazing sponsors have our backs this term, and they’re helping us out by hooking us up with some amazing necessities!

The first thing that comes to mind during back to college season is definitely energy drinks — and between venti iced coffees and infused Rebels from Dutch Bros. we definitely get our fix. Even still, we’ve all experienced those late-night library emergencies where we just can’t stay awake. Our friends at 5-Hour Energy stocked us up with an ample supply of emergency energy shots just in time for midterm cramming!

It can be hard to find time to eat right in college, but thanks to Chipotle we always have a fast and convenient place to go for some (fairly) healthy energy! The best part about these BOGO cards are that they are perfect for every situation, whether it’s date night, you’re pregaming with your bestie, or meeting up at the library for a group project.

After those late nights and long weekends, we can all use a little help looking fresh for class. Luckily, TRESemmé is here to help with their Perfectly (Un)Done sea salt and foam product line. These samples are also the perfect size for tossing into our overnight and gym bags!

These NYC eyeshadow sticks are simply amazing, both because of the broad range of colors available and because of how easy they are to use. We’re definitely stocking up on neutrals for class and more colorful tones for GNO!

One of the worst parts about the fall and winter is how dry it can make our skin. The amazing thing about these Cocoa Butter Swivel Sticks from Palmer’s is that they are multipurpose and work as both chapstick and lotion! Simply throw one into your purse, backpack or gym bag and you’ll be ready to take on anything during the cooler months.

What’s definitely the worst part about the fall and winter is cold season — especially on a campus of nearly 30,000 people. Between juggling school, extracurriculars, work and a social life, ain’t nobody got time to be sick. These Cold-Eeze Quickmelts are a true godsend for preventing colds, stoping them once you start feeling like you’re about to get sick, and shortening your cold once you have it!

Whether you’re in a sorority or not, Back to School season often also means craft time! It’s definitely cheaper to DIY your own dorm or room decor than it is to buy it, and it’s way more fun. Martha Stewart has everything you need, from glitter and paint to decals and yarn!

The #1 thing you need for a successful schoolyear is a good bag or backpack. It can be hard finding something that is both practical and stylish, but MZ Wallace has accomplished just that with their AMAZING Chelsea Tote! It’s both water and stain resistant, which makes it the perfect bag for running around campus in Oregon. We’ll be giving you a chance to win this beautiful bag (valued at $300!) along with all of these other incredible items at our upcoming 1st Birthday Bash, so stay tuned for details!

We absolutely LOVE everything we received in this term’s Survival Kits, and we can’t wait to use them all term long to have the best fall yet! Tell us what you’re most excited about for this term and the upcoming school year in the comments below.

Lara is a graduate of Oregon State University, with a degree in New Media Communications and minors in writing and Spanish. Currently, Lara resides in New York City and works in the Influencer Marketing space.