Easy-Peasy DIY Halloween Costumes

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at OR State chapter.

It’s finally Halloween! If you’re anything like me, you probably still haven’t decided what you’ll be wearing tonight. If so, here are a few costume looks you can create using pieces from your closet!

Here, Bunny Bunny

This is such a simple idea. You could basically throw on any cute outfit and some bunny ears and *BOOM* you’re a bunny. Pictured here are a couple different versions I came up with. The first one is a mostly white bunny with some pink accessories and lacy ears. The second option is a more casual look for those who don’t want to go over the top with their costume, which could be a really good choice for more low-key Halloween parties or if you’re attending multiple parties in one evening and need to be able to change quickly.

Geek Chic

For these looks I took some geeky clichés and transformed them into fun (and stylish) costumes that you can easily make with just a few simple staples.

With the 90s making a major comeback, why not try a punk rock school girl look? The glasses, suspenders and plaid skirt are geek staples, while the cheeky shirt, tube socks and vans make the look a bit edgier. For an even more rock ‘n roll look, try some smudged black eyeliner, burgundy lips and loose, messy waves.

The second look is a little more of the classic geek with some trendy touches to keep it fashionable. Make a statement by buying a top with the word “nerd” on it or make it even more d.i.y. but using iron on letters to create your own custom sweatshirt. A plaid skirt and knee-high socks bring this look back to school, and the standard loafer’s remain stylish while getting a geeky makeover with the cat design.

Be the most stylish librarian in town for the evening with this third look. A collared crop top and petal-edged shorts work together with this simple cardigan for a look that’s wearable every day. Add a sweet little bow tie-necklace and glasses to accessorize the ensemble. While the tights bring out your inner cat-lady, the oversized glasses live up to the stereotypical geek attire. Finish the  look off with a messy bun, winged eyeliner and mary jane style shoes and voila – you’re a stylish librarian!

Cartoon Frenzie

Get animated this Halloween by dressing up as your favorite cartoon character! Dressing up as a minion from Despicable Me is a cute, easy costume that’s casual enough to wear as an everyday look. This is also a really good option for a group costume. You can also relive your childhood and dress up as everyone’s favorite “Krusty Krab” employee, Spongebob Squarepants. Another fun look to try is Minnie Mouse – and with this look you can do some really cute hair and makeup. You can also recruit a guy pal or boyfriend to dress up as Mickey Mouse to make this part of an adorable couples costume.

With any one of these looks, you can have a stylish and creative last minute Halloween costume without breaking the bank. These costumes are also simple and quick to put together, leaving you more time to have fun and enjoy Halloween.

Have fun and stay safe this weekend! HCXO!