This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at OR State chapter.

Mom’s weekend… we see the best of moms and the worst of moms, but in the end they still helped raise us to be the people we are today.

This is a shout out to all the moms:

You tucked us in at night after a full day of driving us around while we scream for (probably) no reason.

You allowed us to learn from own mistakes and eat all of the Halloween candy in one night because you knew it only takes one time to realize what a mistake that is. You told us that the pictures we drew you looked beautiful and hung them on the fridge even when they totally sucked.

You came in clutch when we didn’t want to hang out with our friends so you told us that “No, you can’t hang out right now.”

You looked on in panic as we got behind the wheel for the first time and took to the streets. You listened to us, wiped our tears, and equipped us with ice cream as we cried over our first heartbreaks. You have been there again and again. Thanks, Moms. You rock.

Here are some of our favorite quotes about moms:

“Motherhood: All love begins and ends there.” -Robert Browning

“The best place to cry is on a mother’s arms.” -Jodi Picoult

“Everybody wants to save the Earth; nobody wants to help Mom do the dishes” -P.J. O’Rourke

“Biology is the least of what makes someone a mother.” -Oprah Winfrey

“There were times when, in middle school and junior high, I didn’t have a lot of friends. But my mom was always my friend. Always.” -Taylor Swift

“My mother said to me, ‘If you are a soldier, you will become a general. If you are a monk, you will become the Pope.’ Instead, I was a painter, and became Picasso.” -Pablo Picasso.

Katherine Borchers is a Junior at Oregon State University and is majoring in Digital Communication Arts. She is involved on campus with Res Life and So Worth Loving at Oregon State. You can find her procrastinating real life responsibilities, drinking coffee, and procrastinating some more. When she procrastinates, she loves to sing loudly (not well, either), read books, and do artsy-fartsy stuff.