This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at OR State chapter.

This week’s profile is an OSU alumna. Read on to hear about what she is doing now and how Her Campus impacted her time here at Oregon State. 

Name: Kara Beu

Hometown: Lakewood, CA

Year Graduated: 2015

Major: English

HC at OR State: What all were you involved with on campus?

Kara: I was involved with the Oregon State University Marching Band — specifically the Color Guard — Women’s Lacrosse, the Creative Writing Society, and Her Campus at Oregon State!

HC at OR State: What made you decide to become part of Her Campus at Oregon State?

Kara: I love to write which is one of the things that really drew me to Her Campus. Not only that but awesome events were planned, the team was awesome, and I wanted to make more friends!

HC at OR State: What does post-grad life look like?

Kara: Post-grad life looks a little crazy! My dream is to write about topics I am passionate about while using different creative outlets such as social media, art, photographs, etc. I don’t know where I am going to end up in my career but I know it is going to be awesome! Keep your eye out for me in the future ;)

HC at OR State: Tell us about your position with the Corvallis Advocate!

Kara: Working with the Corvallis Advocate is pretty awesome! The group is a lot of fun and extremely diverse. Since it is an alternative all-new weekly, the topics are sometimes strange and a little out there, but that’s what makes us… well us.

HC at OR State: Any advice for graduating seniors?

Kara: My advice for graduating seniors is even if you have no idea what you’re doing or do not have a job lined up after graduation, do not lose momentum! Travel, work fun part-time jobs that have nothing to do with your major, but apply to the jobs you’re not qualified for, make connections and make small goals to achieve your larger goals!

HC at OR State: Why should students get involved with Her Campus at Oregon State?

Kara: The team at Her Campus at Oregon State is awesome! Participating with Her Campus is a great way to make connections, work with different media platforms, have a voice, and get to work with women (and men) of different majors.

HC at OR State: What’s next for you?

Kara: I have no idea what is next for me but I am looking forward to it! Hopefully, my future includes a lot of travel, love, and laughter!

Check out Kara’s work at the Corvallis Advocate and tune in next week for another profile! 

Lara is a graduate of Oregon State University, with a degree in New Media Communications and minors in writing and Spanish. Currently, Lara resides in New York City and works in the Influencer Marketing space.
Katherine Borchers is a Junior at Oregon State University and is majoring in Digital Communication Arts. She is involved on campus with Res Life and So Worth Loving at Oregon State. You can find her procrastinating real life responsibilities, drinking coffee, and procrastinating some more. When she procrastinates, she loves to sing loudly (not well, either), read books, and do artsy-fartsy stuff.