Campus Cutie: Katie Hughes

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at OR State chapter.

Name: Katie Hughes

Hometown: Salem, OR

Year in school: Junior

Major: Computer Science, Psych Minor

Relationship Status: Single

This week’s Campus Cutie is the smart and talented Katie Hughes! Read on to get to know this cutie a little better:

HC at Oregon State: What are you involved with on campus? 

Katie: I have been a part of the OSU Color Guard for the last three years! I have been able to enjoy being a part of game days and spinning and dancing with the Oregon State Marching Band. Go Beavs!

HC at Oregon State: What do you want to be when you “grow up?”

Katie: I would love to be a user researcher for an educational technology company that works to get tech in front of teachers and students in an intuitive and non-intrusive way in order to help with increasing classroom sizes.

HC at Oregon State: What’s your favorite season?

Katie: Fall! Not too hot, not too cold, AND no allergies. Plus I love the beautiful colors in the leaves.

HC at Oregon State: What are the top songs on your playlist right now?

Katie: I absolutely love listening to Pandora, and my favorite station right now is based on You and I (Ingrid Michaelson). It has a lovely, relaxing spring-time sound to it. I’ve also been constantly listening to the Harry Potter audiobooks. I just started Half Blood Prince. Reason below.

HC at Oregon State: What are your plans for Spring Break?

Katie: My family is flying to Orlando to visit the Universal Studios theme park. Our main attraction? The Wizarding World of Harry Potter!

HC at Oregon State: Cats or dogs?

Katie: Cats, of course. No competition. 

Don’t be afraid to say ‘hello’ to Katie if you see her around campus, and stay tuned for next week’s Campus Cutie!

Lara is a graduate of Oregon State University, with a degree in New Media Communications and minors in writing and Spanish. Currently, Lara resides in New York City and works in the Influencer Marketing space.