Campus Cutie: Allie Frey

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at OR State chapter.

Name: Allie Frey

Year: Sophomore

Major/Minor: HDFS/ Pre-Nursing

Hometown: Los Gatos, California

Relationship Status: Single

This week’s Campus Cutie is this awesome girl Allie Frey (left). Read on to find out all about her:

HC at Oregon State: What are you involved in on campus?

Allie:  I’m a member of Sigma Delta Omega, the sorority for women in science, and a member of the HDFS and Pre-Nursing Clubs.

HC at Oregon State: What sports do you like?

Allie: I played softball for 13 years, so I still like to watch that. I’m also a big fan of the San Francisco Giants. My two older brothers played hockey as kids, so I’m also a San Jose Sharks fan.

HC at Oregon State: Why did you chose OSU?

Allie: I decided I was going to come to OSU in second grade. I came to Oregon with my best friend to visit her grandparents during our spring break and they took us to a gymnastics meet at Gill. We walked around campus, went to the Beaver Store, and we both decided we were going to come to school here. When I got back to California, I told my parents that I decided where I would go to college. I’m sure they laughed and didn’t believe me. Time passed, I visited during my senior year and it was crazy how much I still loved it here.

HC at Oregon State: Favorite part about OSU?

Allie: Definitely the school spirit! Corvallis is such a nice college town, there is orange and black everywhere! Whether it’s a game day or not, you look around and most of the people you see will be representing OSU. 

HC at Oregon State: Cats or Dogs?

Allie: Dogs for sure!! I’m pretty much obsessed with my Rottweiler, Helga, even though she’s in California. My brother brought her back to California with him after college, but I made him let me keep her. I usually force my mom to send me pictures a few times a week.

HC at Oregon State: Favorite season?

Allie: Definitely the fall. The colors of the trees and the first rains are something I look forward to every year! The trees never get as colorful in California as they do here. And the smell of the first rain is the best smell in the world!

HC at Oregon State: If you could travel anywhere in the World, where would you go and why?

Allie: I really want to go to Europe and spend, like, three months just exploring and going to different countries. There is so much history, so many beautiful sights to see, and so many new things to try. 

HC at Oregon State: Who is the first person you think of when you think of the word “happy,” and why?

Allie: Ellen DeGeneres! Back when I had cable, I would watch her show every day, or at least record it and watch it later. She does so many good things for people, and her whole show is based on laughter and happiness. That’s another thing on my bucket list, to go to a taping of her show in LA. 

Say Hello to Allie if you happen to see her around campus, and stay tuned in for next week’s Campus Cutie!

Alishea is a sophmore at Oregon State University working towards a major in Child Development and Education. If shes not in class or at work, she is usually spending time with her friends, family or writing poetry. She is involved with many on campus activities from Her Campus, to Active Minds club as well as the Creative Writing club. Her goals are to become a teacher and travel the world in order to find new ways to teach from different cultures.