Campus Celebrity: Ellen Yin

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at OR State chapter.

The “Perfectly Imperfect” tee can be purchased through the Ledbetter Store, linked on the image above!

Name: Ellen Yin

Hometown: Corvallis, Oregon

Year in School: Senior

Major: Exercise and Sport Science; Fitness & Nutrition

This week’s Campus Celebrity is Ellen Yin — a member of the OSU Elite Dance Team and the recently appointed PR Director for Ledbetter Store!

HC at Oregon State: Tell us a little bit about Ledbetter:

Ellen: Ledbetter, Inc. is a multifaceted fitness company specializing in online training services (ledbetterinc.com) as well as a line of apparel (ledbetterstore.com). Our mission is to teach others how to Live Every Day Better through mind, body, and soul, and empower them with the tools to overcome their obstacles. We have a wonderful team of coaches who work one on one with clients to achieve their fitness goals, whether it be contest prep, fat loss, lean mass gain, or building metabolic capacity through reverse dieting. Ledbetter also offers individualized, self-guided training and nutrition programs tailored to those who may not need the attention our VIP program provides, but still want to learn how to improve their overall health. The apparel side of the company features lifestyle products that inspire people to Live Every Day Better. Our best-selling products are our versatile fashion and fitness headbands, which can be worn in four different styles and come in collections ranging from foodie bands to team colors and seasonal prints. Ledbetter Store also partners with non-profit organizations to design unique headbands for our charity bands collection, where we donate $3 from every sale to support each organization’s respective cause. Our most recent collaboration was our Ledbetter In Pink line with the Oregon/Washington chapter of Susan G. Komen, in honor of breast cancer awareness month. 

HC at Oregon State: What is your role on the Ledbetter team?

Ellen: I am the Public Relations Director for Ledbetter Store, but I wear many hats when it comes to what I do. I am in constant communication with Julie, the Chief Product Officer, and pretty much serve as her right hand (wo)man. What I love about working for a startup is that you have to take on the mindset of an entrepreneur and be willing to collaborate and take on responsibilities outside of your job description to help the company grow. “Team work makes the dream work” has never been more true! 

Ledbetter’s New Oregon State Beavers headband will be available to purchase late November at Runway Fashion Exchange downtown & at The OSU Beaver Store!

HC at Oregon State: What has been your favorite college moment thus far?

Ellen: It’s hard for me to pinpoint a single occasion as my favorite college moment. I think my favorite part about college has just been building great relationships with people. I am grateful to past co-workers who have become close friends, hanging out with my dance team on Sunday and Tuesday nights, and all the wonderful girls I met through my sorority when I first transferred to OSU. Even though I’m no longer part of Greek life, those friendships have remained and I love seeing so many familiar faces around campus. 

HC at Oregon State: What is your favorite part about Ledbetter?

Ellen: Can I say everything? I love that I wake up excited to work. I love how every day is different, whether I’m in a meeting with a buyer to wholesale our products, doing a photo shoot, working a promotion booth, or dreaming up the designs or marketing strategy for our next collection. Most of all, I love how our company’s team of leaders are a FAMILY. We work together, play (and pray) together, and support each other in every part of life. I couldn’t be more grateful to Ledbetter for that. 

HC at Oregon State: What are you planning on doing after graduation?

Ellen: I’m pumped to graduate in June and transition into working full-time as the PR Director for Ledbetter! I believe the world is our oyster and the future is bright. As Mark Twain more eloquently articulated, “Throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.”

Be sure to check out the amazing work Ellen and the rest of the Ledbetter team is doing, and stay tuned next week for another Campus Celebrity!

Lara is a graduate of Oregon State University, with a degree in New Media Communications and minors in writing and Spanish. Currently, Lara resides in New York City and works in the Influencer Marketing space.