The Best Movies For Valentine’s Day – No Matter What Your Plans Are!

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at OR State chapter.

Whether you are spending Valentine’s Day with your boyfriend or girlfriend, a bunch of friends, or simply by yourself everyone loves a movie and candy on V-Day! Here area few ideas for your movie night.

With your girlfriends:

The Notebook

I mean, c’mon. Who doesn’t have a love/hate relationship with this movie because of the incredibly unrealistic expectations Ryan Gosling is imposing on the men of the world?!

Valentine’s Day

Adorable, cheesy, and easy to guess what will happen next. None the less, movies that feature Jessica Biel, Taylor Lautner, Bradley Cooper, and Anne Hathaway will always be a win.

A few more; Crazy, Stupid, Love and He’s Just Not That Into You

With your boyfriend/girlfriend:

The Breakfast Club

A classic that isn’t really mushy, but brings back the classic 80’s feel. If you haven’t seen this movie already, where have you been? Young Molly Ringwald? Yes, please.

Titanic

Even though the movie may be three hours long and gives way too many details about stupid things (we just want to see Jack and Rose fall in love), it will forever be a romantic movie that you can eat ice cream during and cry into your SO’s shoulder with. I mean really Rose – you both totally could have fit on that piece of wood! Still not over that.

A few more; Casablanca and A Walk to Remember

By yourself:

The Breakup

Sometimes you just want to watch Jennifer Aniston strut around and show that she can do better. If you deny the fact that you have watched this after a breakup, you’re lying. But it’s okay; just relax grab a pint of Ben & Jerry’s and watch away.

Sex and The City

It’s not completely a Valentine’s Day movie, but it’s still stellar no matter what. Every woman has wanted to be Carrie Bradshaw at one point in her life, and what better time than on V-Day to imagine you are? Funny and relatable, you’ll probably be crying and laughing by the time you’re done with this movie.

A few more; 50 First Dates and The Ugly Truth

What are some of your favorite Valentine’s Day movies? Let us know in the comments below!

Volleyball player and English major at Oregon State!