sarah gualtieri 9CApNIkRXRI unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
sarah gualtieri 9CApNIkRXRI unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp

The 7 Best Halloween Eats and Treats

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at OR State chapter.

Halloween is by far my favorite holiday. It’s a celebration of the unique, weird, creepy and kooky. Once we enter college, however, the revelry is taken to a whole new level. We go from Trick-or-Treating with our parents and friends to party hopping, hosting scary movie marathons, checking out haunted corn mazes and carving the coolest designs on our pumpkins. No matter what activities you partake in this Halloween, you are sure to be going to want some sugary, savory and just plain yummy snacks to get you in the mood. Here are some top-notch recipes we found on some fun blogs this week!

1. Spooky Puppy Chow

If you’re looking for a fun and easy sweet snack for your guests to munch on, try this fun take on Puppy Chow.

2. Halloween Slush

Need a drink you can sink your teeth into and freeze your zombie brain with? This easy drink featuring lemon juice and JELL-O may be exactly what you’re looking for.

3. Scary Candy Skewers

Looking for a way to present your Halloween candy in a fun way that will get your guests and roommates excited? Try out these funky candy skewers that can be as unique as you want them to be!

4. Fresh Meat

Searching for a brain to satisfy the zombies of midterms past knocking at your door? This tasty treat may be just the right fit for you – and despite the bloody exterior, the dessert is all sweetness and delight.

5. Cheesy Mummy Hot Dogs

So your party guests, roommates and friends have spent the night feasting on brains, candy and puppy chow, but they still have rumbling tummies… This recipe is sure to fill them up and leave them asking for more. All you need are some hotdogs, cheese slices and biscuit dough! If you want to make them even spookier, some googly eyes are sure to thrill.                         

6. Hauntingly Healthy

If you need a couple of healthy recipes for your athletic friend or the nutrition major down the hall, be sure to try some fruity recipes out for size, like these delicious treats made using apples and oranges.

7. Healing Powers

Just in case you’re feeling the CSI vibe of Halloween this year, be sure to try out these Used Band-Aid snacks made from graham crackers, frosting and some red food coloring!

Whatever you decider to feast on this Halloween, keep in mind that everything is best in moderation! Have a haunted Halloween week, and let us know if you have any cool recipes we missed!

Madeline is a Senior at Oregon State majoring in Merchandising Management and minoring in writing. She was the 2016-'17 president of Chi Theta Phi, a local design sorority on campus. If she's not in class, at a club meeting, chapter, or writing, she's probably spending time with her family, friends, walking her dogs, eating junk food, or watching too many crime, comedy, or fashion shows on Netflix. She likes cheese, dogs, creative projects, obnoxious animal prints, garage sales, farmer's markets, and generally just being silly.