This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at OR State chapter.

Overalls are making a comeback, but some are still slow to work them into their wardrobe. Maybe you’ve seen the trend and thought that it was either too childish or fashion-week bizarre to fit into your own closet. Don’t worry, we’re here to quell your fear with some fashionable looks featuring overalls. They are a great way to transition your wardrobe from summer to fall. Need inspiration? Check out these five ways to style overalls:

1.    Just Netflix and Chill

For your at-home look, try a pair of long overalls with a comfy tee and a beanie. With this combo, you will look chic while feeling perfectly relaxed.

2.    Date Night at the Drive In

If you want to take your sweetheart on a date, try on an overall dress and pair it with some perfectly girly accessories.

3.    Back to School

For your back-to-school look, try a soft overall combo with some transition accessories, your favorite tote bag, and a planner to keep track of all your Welcome Week activities.

4.    Farmer’s Market Fun

If you’re planning on hitting the farmer’s market, try on this hippie-chic look. Grab your bike and go a little wild with some tie-dye, fringe, and comfy Converse.

5.    Hiking Around

Grab your Camelbak, some sunscreen, a hat, and your favorite pair of hiking boots to pair with the basic overall.

Now go out and find your perfect pair of overalls! 

Madeline is a Senior at Oregon State majoring in Merchandising Management and minoring in writing. She was the 2016-'17 president of Chi Theta Phi, a local design sorority on campus. If she's not in class, at a club meeting, chapter, or writing, she's probably spending time with her family, friends, walking her dogs, eating junk food, or watching too many crime, comedy, or fashion shows on Netflix. She likes cheese, dogs, creative projects, obnoxious animal prints, garage sales, farmer's markets, and generally just being silly.