5 Warm Weather DIY Projects

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at OR State chapter.

With the sun out, it’s always a good time for crafts out in the lawn. Look at these five DIY projects to get inspiration to change up your wardrobe, house decor, accessories, beauty routine, and go-to warm weather treats!

1. High Waisted Distressed Denim Shorts

Why spend $40 on shorts that you can make yourself? Grab some friends, some jeans from Goodwill, a bottle of wine, and have a girl’s night in. It’s summer time: time for you to break out those rocking legs of yours!

2. DIY Citronella Candle

Summer in the great PNW is perfect for sitting outside at night. Unfortunately, the bugs think so too. Make your own citronella candle to help not only create some mood lighting, but keep the pests away. The best part? You get to customize it by choosing your own container.  

3. Flower Crown

A sunny weather DIY list wouldn’t be complete without a flower crown project. These are great to make with some friends to use for some cute new profile pictures. Go for a walk around town and scavenge for some beautiful flowers to add to your flower crown. Or, if you don’t want your flower crown drying out, head over to your local craft store to pick up some fake flowers.

4. DIY Shaving Lotion

Warmer weather means less clothes… which means more shaving, for those of us who shave. Long gone are the days of hairy legs hidden under jeans. Rather than going through bottles of shaving cream, why not make your own from products you already have?

5. DIY No-Machine Ice Cream

No ice cream maker? No problem! There is no need to explain why ice cream in warm weather is the perfect thing.

Have fun in the sun, Beaver Nation!

Katherine Borchers is a Junior at Oregon State University and is majoring in Digital Communication Arts. She is involved on campus with Res Life and So Worth Loving at Oregon State. You can find her procrastinating real life responsibilities, drinking coffee, and procrastinating some more. When she procrastinates, she loves to sing loudly (not well, either), read books, and do artsy-fartsy stuff.