5 Sparkly Looks to Rock on NYE

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at OR State chapter.

We all know New Year’s Eve comes with a lot of expectations. Whether you’re single or in a committed relationship everyone is looking to have fun with their friends, maybe have a drink or two, dance to their favorite songs, get their kiss at midnight, and look awesome while doing it all. New Year’s Eve is all about the sparkle so get ready to shine, whatever your plans are, with a little help from your fashionable fairy godmother.

1. Dance all Night

If you’re looking to go to a concert, a bar, a dance club, or a party this New Year’s Eve and plan to dance all night, you’re going to want a look that is both comfortable and cute. Grab some flats to avoid blisters, pants to stay warm while walking around, a coat to keep cozy, and mix patterns and textures for a fun look. New Year’s Eve is all about going over the top with your look so just pile on the accessories!

2. New Year’s Eve Countdown and Chill

If you’re planning on staying in on New Year’s Eve and curling up on the couch, then you’re going to want to look kind of cute, but nothing too crazy. Grab something you won’t mind getting food or dog hair on because it’s time to scan through those channels for the best countdown on TV. My suggestion is to check out Anderson Cooper and Kathy Griffin on CNN. They are always hilarious!

3. The Family Affair

If you’re spending New Year’s Eve with your family and maybe going out to a nice restaurant, you’re going to want to sparkle but also wear a look that’s on the modest side. Go for a fun look with a metallic button up shirt and then just add layers, depending on the climate you’re in on this lovely holiday.

4. The Date-Night Rendezvous

If you’re planning on spending New Year’s Eve out at a fancy restaurant with your significant other you’re going to want to look absolutely stunning. Make their jaw drop with a gorgeous dress that makes your figure look great and your eyes sparkle.

5. The College Football Playoffs Watch Party

If you’re a football devotee and have plans to watch the College Football Playoffs this New Year’s Eve, then your look will be a bit different than the others but still just as festive. You’re going to want to look sporty, casual, and fun!

To get more details about any of these looks go here.

Here’s to a great 2016!

Madeline is a Senior at Oregon State majoring in Merchandising Management and minoring in writing. She was the 2016-'17 president of Chi Theta Phi, a local design sorority on campus. If she's not in class, at a club meeting, chapter, or writing, she's probably spending time with her family, friends, walking her dogs, eating junk food, or watching too many crime, comedy, or fashion shows on Netflix. She likes cheese, dogs, creative projects, obnoxious animal prints, garage sales, farmer's markets, and generally just being silly.