5 Pumpkin Spice DIY Projects

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at OR State chapter.

Fall: the time of year when the leaves change and so does your coffee order. The season of the pumpkin spice is here, whether you like it or not. Despite the hype over PSLs, there are so many other great ways to enjoy the seasonally delicious aroma of pumpkin spice. Get crafty this fall with these pumpkin-themed DIY projects perfect for any spa-day. 

1.  Pumpkin Bath Bombs

Taking a warm bath on a cold fall day is one of the finer luxuries of life. To really get into the fall mood without having to spend money, try this DIY pumpkin-scented bath bomb. These bombs are the cutest and will help you celebrate the season in a relaxing way.

2. Pumpkin Pie Spice Body Butter

Body butter – the perfect cure to dried out skin from cold weather. Don’t spend extra money on buying products that you can make yourself. This easy-to-make whipped body butter is the stuff of pumpkin spice dreams.

3. Pumpkin Spice Body Scrub

Body scrubs are one of God’s gifts to the world. There is no better feeling than shaving after using a body scrub. The scrub gets rid of dead skin, leaving you feeling smooth and fresh. Do this before shaving and you will for sure be feeling like a slippery dolphin goddess. This is the perfect DIY project to “treat yo self”.

4. Pumpkin Spice Soap

While I am sure many of you love going to Bath and Body Works to buy their vast array of pumpkin-themed hand soaps, I can assure you that the college-budget does not. Try out these handmade soaps for either your shower or sink. Homemade soap is a classic DIY project, so why not put a pumpkin spice twist on it? Tis the season.

5. Pumpkin Spice Mason Jar Candle

Mason jar candles are the aesthetic of the year. Learning how to make your own candles is a penny-saving skill. Not only will you be able to customize your own scents to your own liking, but you will be able to customize the look to fit your own style. If you live in a place that does not allow the burning of candles, don’t fear! Take out the wick and turn the candle into wax melts, which are great for use with dorm-friendly wax melters. Less fire hazard, same aroma. It’s a win-win for you and your RA.

What is your favorite way to enjoy some pumpkin spice? Let us know in the comments below!

Katherine Borchers is a Junior at Oregon State University and is majoring in Digital Communication Arts. She is involved on campus with Res Life and So Worth Loving at Oregon State. You can find her procrastinating real life responsibilities, drinking coffee, and procrastinating some more. When she procrastinates, she loves to sing loudly (not well, either), read books, and do artsy-fartsy stuff.