ethan robertson SYx3UCHZJlo unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
ethan robertson SYx3UCHZJlo unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp

5 Fourth of July Outfit Ideas

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at OR State chapter.

Fourth of July falls on a Saturday this year and it’s already shaping up to be a beautiful weekend weather wise. Therefore, you’ll need a cute outfit or two to have some fun in the sun with friends and family to celebrate this patriotic day of BBQ-ing, drinking, swimming, setting off fireworks, and so much more!

1. Backyard BBQ

If you’re planning on grilling with your dad or mom and kicking back with your family and friends then try this look on for size. Keep it casual with a comfy v-neck tee and some boyfriend jeans with some patriotic accessories and red lips to add a fun flair to your outfit.

2. Tubing Down Mary’s River

If you’re planning on tubing down Mary’s River with your beverage of choice by your side then grab your most patriotic bikini, layer it with a tank and shorts for the walk over, and be prepared with lots of sunscreen and a killer playlist.

3. Red, White, and Blue Riverfront Festival

If you’re planning on going down to the downtown riverfront you are going to want to layer up. It gets cool at night, so grab a blanket and some warm food and try this comfy look on for size.

4. Corvallis Knights Game

If your family and friends are all sports nuts, why not head over to Goss Stadium for a Corvallis Knights game?! Have a little fun with a baseball jersey top, sporty socks, your favorite beat up pair of converse, and a snapback to show your love for the home team. Tailgate with your crew and enjoy the sunshine while it lasts and then bundle up as the sun sets.

5. Fourth of July Parade

The Fourth of July Parade downtown is not the time to be quietly patriotic. Grab an American flag and wear it and add a fun bustier top, your craziest accessories, and some stretchy leggings for showing off your dance moves down the street, and try out some fun makeup and nail looks. Now’s your chance to go a little wild!

Comment below with your favorite Fourth of July tradition!

Madeline is a Senior at Oregon State majoring in Merchandising Management and minoring in writing. She was the 2016-'17 president of Chi Theta Phi, a local design sorority on campus. If she's not in class, at a club meeting, chapter, or writing, she's probably spending time with her family, friends, walking her dogs, eating junk food, or watching too many crime, comedy, or fashion shows on Netflix. She likes cheese, dogs, creative projects, obnoxious animal prints, garage sales, farmer's markets, and generally just being silly.