clay banks zUf39GDNyzU unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
clay banks zUf39GDNyzU unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp

5 Bible Verses for the Class of 2016

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at OR State chapter.

With only weeks left until graduation, for both high school and college seniors, decisions and responsibility can quickly become overwhelming. For many this will be the first time away from home. For others this ends a chapter of your life and the beginning of a new one; finding jobs, starting families, or attending another school to further your education. No matter what stage of life you are in, here are 5 Bible verses to prepare you for after graduation!

1. Proverbs 3:5 “Trust in the LORD with all your heart: do not depend on your own understanding. Seek his will in all you do, and he will show you which path to take.”

You are not always going to be able to see the big plan God has for you, and that is okay! Trust in the Lord!

2. Timothy 4:12 “Do not let anyone think less of you because you are young. Be an example to all believers in what you say, in the way you live, in your love, your faith, and your purity.”

College and after college can be rough, full of peer pressure and situations you may not want to be in. Do not compromise your values to gain friends. Lead by example and trust in the Lord.

3. Deuteronomy 31:8 “Do not be afraid or discouraged, for the LORD will personally go ahead of you. He will be with you; he will neither fail you nor abandon you.”

We often become worried and fearful about things that may happen tomorrow or the next day, or month, etc. When the Lord himself goes before us what is there to worry about? Nothing.

4. Jeremiah 29:11 “ ‘For I know the plans I have for you,’ says the LORD. ‘They are plans for good and not for disaster, to give you a future and a hope.’ ”

This is not meant to be a security blanket. God does promise the best for you but that doesn’t mean it is going to be easy. God won’t take your suffering but in those moments of suffering and trials know that you are not alone.

5. Philippians 4:13 “For I can do everything through Christ who gives me strength.”

The purpose of this verse is not to tell you that you can do anything you want at any given moment because you have called on God to help you. This verse is here to tell you that when you fail at something you can always trust in our Savior’s love. Always.

Congratulations Class of 2016! Let us know what your favorite or most comforting verses are in the comments below!

*All verses from NLT

Kara Beu

OR State

20-something lover of books, follower of dreams, and full body laugher
Katherine Borchers is a Junior at Oregon State University and is majoring in Digital Communication Arts. She is involved on campus with Res Life and So Worth Loving at Oregon State. You can find her procrastinating real life responsibilities, drinking coffee, and procrastinating some more. When she procrastinates, she loves to sing loudly (not well, either), read books, and do artsy-fartsy stuff.