4 Statement Coats You Need This Spring

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at OR State chapter.

Shop these looks by clicking on the image above!

Just because it’s cold outside doesn’t mean that your style has to suffer, too! Keep your look fresh by layering up in statement coats that you won’t want to take off — inside or outside.

We’re currently in the transitional period between winter and spring, with surprise (and very much welcomed) sunbreaks leaking in every once in a while. These four overcoats are the perfect pieces for conqeuring whatever Mother Nature throws at you this month — read on to learn how to style these often underrated wardrobe essentials with any look!

1. The Duster Coat.

Duster coats are definitely having a moment this season. The pastel tones and cropped sleeves of this one make it very spring appropriate, while still giving you extra coverage and warmth for windier days.

2. The Military Jacket.

Military jackets (and really anything military green, tbh) are all the rage right now. Add some femininity to your look with this edgy piece by finding one with a sinched waist, and this staple will look just as at home with jeans and a t-shirt as it will with dresses and skirts.

3. The Sleeveless Coat.

Sleeveless coats are everywhere right now, and although they might not be the most practical in Oregon for the time being, that doesn’t mean you can’t still rock this awesome trend! Layer your sleeveless coat like you would any vest to create a look that is both warm and chic. Try tossing one over your favorite turtleneck sweater for the perfect mix of comfy and cool.

4. The Bomber Jacket.

This trend has had its ups and downs, but it’s definitely very up right now. Seen on basically everyone this season — especially our fave dynamic duo Gigi Hadid and Kendall Jenner — the bomber jacket is definitely here to stay. Tone down the punkiness of this piece and brighten up your overall look by finding one in a fun spring print, and you’ll be Insta-ready all day every day.

What overcoat trend are you most excited about? Let us know in the comments below!

Lara is a graduate of Oregon State University, with a degree in New Media Communications and minors in writing and Spanish. Currently, Lara resides in New York City and works in the Influencer Marketing space.