This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at OR State chapter.

Spring term at any university can be difficult. It’s the last leg of your academic year and you’re just ready to be done; especially if your graduation date is looming and you’re ready to just get out of town and start anew. That said, there are so many great things about spring term at Oregon State University and in the Corvallis community as a whole (despite the continuing rain).

1. The return of the Downtown Corvallis Farmers’ Market

The downtown farmer’s market returns to town on April 16th and runs until November 19th. The market takes place every Saturday from 9am to 1pm. The market has food, dancing, music, crafts and so much more to check out!

2. Oregon State Mom’s & Family Weekend

Oregon State Mom’s weekend takes place from April 29th- May 1st. Whether or not your mom is coming to town, there are numerous events to check out, including the fashion show, comedy show, art festival, and wine garden. You can also purchase shirts and wine glasses at the welcome table in the Memorial Union during the weekend.

3. The annual Oregon State Spring Fashion Show

The Spring Fashion Show is an annual event where Juniors and Seniors within the Apparel Design program here at Oregon State can showcase their collections. The show is put on by students in the DHE 422 fashion show committee class, comprised of a director, treasurer, and five additional committees. Industry professionals, designers, and students alike are welcome to attend. Ticket price varies by location within the venue.The theme for this year’s show is Euphoria.

4. Oregon State Baseball and Softball seasons

During spring term, Oregon State baseball and softball seasons are in full swing. There are plenty of baseball games to check out from March 28th up until May 29th with the most attended typically being the Civil War game against the Oregon Ducks. This year we face off against the Ducks May 13th-15th on our home turf, so be sure to show up, wear orange, and cheer loudly. Local softball games will be happening from March 24th-May 14th with their last being Arizona State. Our softball Civil War game against the Oregon Ducks is even closer: April 8th-10th. If you need a little break from studying be sure to check out a game or two. Don’t forget to bring your raincoat!

5. The launch of the DAMchic spring issue

DAMchic is a student organization here on campus that puts out an online magazine regularly. They showcase interiors, fashion, student organizations, and lifestyle articles, which they have won many awards for. Be sure to check out their spring issue for some spreads that are so much more than just florals and sunshine.  

6. The Annual Oregon State Lu’au

This will mark the Lu’au’s 61st year and it will take place at the LaSells Stewart Center on April 16th at 5 pm. There will be Hawaiian food, the Pacific Island Dance Revue, fun, and entertainment and the event will be put on by Hui O Hawaii and the Polynesian Cultural Club. Doors open at 5 pm, dinner is served at 5:30 pm, and the show starts at 6:30 pm.

7. Oregon State Track and Field season

There are local events taking place April 29th and 30th to check out all day on campus. Be sure to go out and support our Track and Field Beavers and see the results of all the hard work they put in.

8. The Ettihad Cultural Festival

The annual Ettihad cultural festival takes place this year in the Memorial Union Quad on May 15th from 5 to 8 pm. The event is put on by the Ettihad Cultural Center on campus, which brings together more than 20 different countries and their respective cultures in the Southwestern/Central Asia regions and North African regions. The event showcases these respective cultures’ foods, heritage, music, dance performances, art, and cultural norms.

9. The CO Maker Fair

The Co Maker Fair will be taking place in the Memorial Union Ballroom on April 9th from 10 am to 3 pm. The fair is free and is produced by a campus-community partnership called The Co. Maker culture and the fair hope to spread their movement of craftmanship, technology, art, science, and education. The event allows the public to attend learning workshops, check out items makers have created, and gives them the chance to try some projects themselves.

10. Dam Jam

Dam Jam is an annual concert that takes place at Oregon State University and is put on by the Memorial Union Program Council . The winner of Battle of the Bands gets to open up for the headliners and many students attend every year. Dam Jam this year takes place May 21st from 7-11 pm in the Memorial Union Quad so stay tuned for ticket sales. The headliner is still to be announced but past Dam Jam headliners have included Mike Posner, B.o.B., and Macklemore, among others.

Rain, Rain go away please don’t come again another day.

Either way we’ll have fun but we would rather you don’t scare away the sun.

Happy Spring Term, Beaver Nation! Make sure to comment below what you’re favorites part of Spring here in Corvallis is! 

Madeline is a Senior at Oregon State majoring in Merchandising Management and minoring in writing. She was the 2016-'17 president of Chi Theta Phi, a local design sorority on campus. If she's not in class, at a club meeting, chapter, or writing, she's probably spending time with her family, friends, walking her dogs, eating junk food, or watching too many crime, comedy, or fashion shows on Netflix. She likes cheese, dogs, creative projects, obnoxious animal prints, garage sales, farmer's markets, and generally just being silly. 
Katherine Borchers is a Junior at Oregon State University and is majoring in Digital Communication Arts. She is involved on campus with Res Life and So Worth Loving at Oregon State. You can find her procrastinating real life responsibilities, drinking coffee, and procrastinating some more. When she procrastinates, she loves to sing loudly (not well, either), read books, and do artsy-fartsy stuff.