10 Reasons to Be Excited About a Third Princess Diaries Movie

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at OR State chapter.

It has been confirmed! A third Princess Diaries is going to be blessing our screens and hearts at some point in the (hopefully) near future.

Whether you first met Mia Thermopolis through the pages of Meg Cabot’s book series or on the screen with bushy-browed Anne Hathaway, this third movie is no short of a beautiful miracle. *cue Miracles Happen by Myra*

We are so excited to have a little bit more Thermopolis in our lives and you should be too! Here are a few of our favorite things we can anticipate:

1. More Julie Andrews

Not Clarisse Renaldi: Julie Andrews. We all know that Julie Andrews is really the Queen of Genovia in real life. They should just cut to the chase and put in the credits “Julie Andrews playing… Julie Andrews”

2. More reasons to sing the Genovian national anthem

Admit it: you know Genovia’s anthem better than your own country’s anthem. Sing it loud, sing it proud!

3. Chris Pine

Not only are we excited to see what happened to Mia and her beau, but we can’t wait to have more reason to pine over Chris (pun intended).

4. Fat Louie

We want to see more of those fantastic royal cat accessories. If we’re being honest, Louie is the one who really got the best deal out of Mia becoming a princess.

5. Mia and her hilariously awkward clumsiness

What would Princess Diaries be without a tumble or two? It’s what keeps her so real and relatable. 

6. Clarisse and Joe

Finally is right! Out of all the couples in the Princess Diaries series, Clarisse and Joe are by far the cutest. 

7. Some more foot-popping kisses

What would Princess Diaries be without a few foot-pops? Mia needs as many opportunities as she can to make up for the horrible first foot-pop back in that shed on the beach. 

8. A female character that doesn’t let gender roles define her

Mia gets it: she knows you don’t need to have a man to be a great queen. 

9. More Chris Pine

Not a typo. ;) More Chris Pine, please! 

10. More fancy princess clothes

It’s hard not to daydream about having a closet fit for a princess. 

What are you excited for? Let us know in the comments! 

Katherine Borchers is a Junior at Oregon State University and is majoring in Digital Communication Arts. She is involved on campus with Res Life and So Worth Loving at Oregon State. You can find her procrastinating real life responsibilities, drinking coffee, and procrastinating some more. When she procrastinates, she loves to sing loudly (not well, either), read books, and do artsy-fartsy stuff.