This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at OR State chapter.

Written by Kristy McInnis.

Struggling to plan a date for you and your significant other this fall season in Corvallis? Look no further than our 10 tip guide to keep you busy these next few months.

1.  Apple picking

Albany’s orchard  is nothing but perfect for that open Saturday afternoon. Only twenty minutes away and you can pick yourself as many crisp apples as your heart desires! They even let you try as many different kinds would you like so you find the perfect ones to make yourself a pie (recipe here) or if you’re feeling a little lazy you can just make some yummy apple pie bites (recipe here).

2. Hike

Everyone has already gone to Mary’s Peak and Chip Ross so if you’re feeling a little adventurous you  can make a day out of it and head up to Abiqua Falls in the Gorge (pictured below). If you looking for a quick trip drive up to closer destinations such as Bald Hill, AveryPark,Peavy Arboretum, or Bazell Memorial Forest

3. Fort Movie Night

Get an extra pair of sheets and hang them in your front room. Snuggle caves are for all ages so grab your man, a bottle of wine, and your favorite movies! P.S. If you’re trying to go the whole nine yards, go to Dollar Tree to get plug in lights: they won’t break the bank! 

4.  DIY Caramel apples

Carmel apples are always a fall staple so head on over to Fred Meyer pick up some caramel and your favorite candy toppings for an easy fix for your sweet tooth! Make sure you can get candies you are able to crush up into small pieces to roll them in.

5.  Have a fall photoshoot

We have all seen those adorable fall couple pictures on Pinterest that you screenshot and show you boyfriend. So let’s pull those screenshots out and grab your best friend with a camera to snap some cute pictures for the gram. Plus those cute pictures you might be able to frame for Christmas saving you a little cash down the road! It’s really a win-win for everyone and if you need some extra inspiration click here.

6. Thermos picnic

People think picnics are just for when it’s sunny, but they just don’t know what they are missing! Grab some hot cocoa and pour some Bailey’s into a thermos (for those who are over 21, of course). Grab some premade dinner from Market Of Choice and skip cooking for the day. Pack in the car some cups, blankets, and your significant other for a fall afternoon all cuddled up.

7. Spa night

Some nights you just want to stay in and binge watch the Walking Dead, but instead of it being like every other night have a relaxing spa treatment before! Run a bath and light some candles to get the night off to the right start. Even if your partner isn’t into facemasks or lip scrubs you can still just give each other back massages or put lotion on your feet with some socks to make them soft.  If you’re like me and want to go over the top here are some pintables to make your partner feel extra special.

8.  Make Sugar Cookies

Sugar cookies are simple to make so you won’t have to slave in the kitchen. Just use festive cookie cutters or just use a knife to cut out your favorite designs. Decorate with your partner a few and eat away!

9. Hot Springs

Warm up and head over to the hot springs. No better way to bond with your partner than a long drive dancing to music and then slipping into some steamy water! Spend the day or just a few hours exploring the Cougar Hot Springs just outside Eugene.   

10. Fancy Dinner

Being college students we don’t have a lot of extra cash, but not going out to eat for a week or two will all be worth it for a fancy date night. Dress up for a night out with your partner and head over to one of my favorite spots, Del Ama. In the heart of downtown this little hidden restaurant on the waterfront is sure to make it special night for the both of you.

What are your favorite fall date ideas? Share below in the comments! 

Katherine Borchers is a Junior at Oregon State University and is majoring in Digital Communication Arts. She is involved on campus with Res Life and So Worth Loving at Oregon State. You can find her procrastinating real life responsibilities, drinking coffee, and procrastinating some more. When she procrastinates, she loves to sing loudly (not well, either), read books, and do artsy-fartsy stuff.