10 Creative Ways to Ask Bae to Safari Glam

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at OR State chapter.

So you want to check out Safari Glam but don’t know the right way to ask your crush to attend. If that’s the case you have come to the right place. We want you to have a guaranteed wild night and so we’ve created a master list for you of 10 ways to ask your bae to the hottest event on campus.

1. Provide them with some fancy footwear.

Grab some animal print sneakers, heels, or dress shoes for your significant other and they’re sure to say yes to your invite. I mean, who doesn’t want new shoes?!

2. Give them a party animal.

Go to your local grocery store and find the biggest stuffed animal you can. Then think up your silliest pun and ask them to be your party animal at Safari Glam. How can they say no to a gesture so grand?

3. Remind them that they’re the only fish for you.

If your significant other loves animals and has been thinking about adding one to her home then think about asking them to Safari Glam with this out of the box gift. They’ll be thrilled that you’ve been listening to them and the fish can be a gift that reminds them of you for as long as it lives.

4. Be mysterious.

Be a little secretive with your bae and find a way to get them your message in a bottle. Maybe even make the bottle into a mini terrarium if you’re being really creative. Just have fun with this one, really, and make it into a crafty gift that they can save.

5. Dress up as their favorite animal.

Whether your crush likes penguins or jungle cats, why not order a costume online and become that animal? It’s a small gesture that is thoughtful, silly, and fun.

6. Utilize all your leftover red solo cups.

It’s basically a proven fact that every college student has at least 10 red solo cups lying around their dorm or apartment at any given moment, so why not use them for something sweet? Gather them around and form a creative configuration to ask your girlfriend to Safari Glam.

7. Get silly.

If your crush has a sense of humor and can take a joke, why not get a little silly with her proposal. Play a prank or make a funny poster, whatever you think will catch her eye the best.

8. Call up Benny’s Donuts.

Benny’s Donuts are available for delivery Sunday-Monday 6 pm-10 pm, Tuesday-Thursday 6 pm-11 pm, Friday-Saturday 6 pm-1 am and are available in a variety of flavors including mint, lemon lavender, maple, and pistachio. Your sweetie is sure to love this proposal and once they say yes you both can enjoy these yummy treats.

9. Get crafty!

If you’re 21+ make them a painted flask or a cooler or if you’re not maybe make them a fun poster or door decoration. Whatever you decide try to make it on theme and fun and something they can show off to all their friends.

10.  Get nerdy!

If you and your crush prefer scrabble and board games over big parties then why not do something a little nerdy for your proposal. Break out a puzzle, scrabble board, or Star Wars poster and just have fun with it!

We can’t wait to see you at Safari Glam ;)  Stay tuned for more event information.

Madeline is a Senior at Oregon State majoring in Merchandising Management and minoring in writing. She was the 2016-'17 president of Chi Theta Phi, a local design sorority on campus. If she's not in class, at a club meeting, chapter, or writing, she's probably spending time with her family, friends, walking her dogs, eating junk food, or watching too many crime, comedy, or fashion shows on Netflix. She likes cheese, dogs, creative projects, obnoxious animal prints, garage sales, farmer's markets, and generally just being silly. 
Katherine Borchers is a Junior at Oregon State University and is majoring in Digital Communication Arts. She is involved on campus with Res Life and So Worth Loving at Oregon State. You can find her procrastinating real life responsibilities, drinking coffee, and procrastinating some more. When she procrastinates, she loves to sing loudly (not well, either), read books, and do artsy-fartsy stuff.