Style > Beauty

YouTubers You Need to Start Watching ASAP

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Oneonta chapter.

There’s nothing like sitting down after a long day to watch some YouTube videos on your topic of choice. I usually stick to the beauty community but these days it can be hard to find a GOOD channel to subscribe to and consistently watch their videos. Here are 5 of my favorite YouTubers who you may not have heard of.

Kiki Chanel

My favorite part about Kylie is that she is very honest and has no problem saying what she thinks, even if it doesn’t align with what other beauty gurus are saying. She has a hilarious sense of humor and when she films with her boyfriend you can’t stop laughing.

Emily Noel

Emily is such a sweet woman and she has such a wholesome family. She often includes her husband and her two little girls, and they make her already innovative video ideas so much more enjoyable. Emily has been on YouTube for years, and she recently hit 1 million follows and released her first collab with Makeup Revolution.

Bella Fiori

Bella is a YouTuber from Australia, so I can’t say for 100% certain whether I just enjoy watching because I like her accent or not (kidding). She posts a variety of videos, not just beauty. For a while she was doing “Mystery Monday”, a series where –you guessed it- she talked about a murder/disappearance/conspiracy case every Monday. This combines two of my favorite topics, so I love when I see Bella in my subscription box.

Jessica Braun

Jessica was the first YouTuber I ever watched after I bought my first eyeshadow palette and wanted to know how to use it. She is extremely knowledgeable about makeup and explains her points really well. This could be due to the fact that her “real” job is an elementary school teacher, but it helps make her a great YouTuber. She is known for posting her cutthroat declutters and she recently had a baby, so she has started making videos about being a mom, although her channel’s focus is still beauty.

Mariah Leonard

Mariah was another one of the first YouTubers I started watching and I was immediately drawn to her because of her drier sense of humor. She comes across as super relatable and personable, but she is also extremely educated. She went to school for journalism and you can tell that she enjoys what she does and sharing her knowledge. She is probably my favorite channel; often times I go back and watch her videos more than once because it feels like a nice conversation with a friend when you’re watching her!

I do watch some of the “bigger” YouTubers too, but they get enough recognition. Some of my favorites to watch are KathleenLights, Casey Holmes, and Jaclyn Hill. Check all of these amazing content creators if you’re looking for something new to watch!

HCXO,

Emily

Emily Barry

Oneonta '19

Hey everyone! My name is Emily Barry and I am currently a senior at SUNY Oneonta! I am a biochemistry student and when I'm not drowning in assignments, I like to read, spend time with friends and family, and binge watch shows on Netflix! Keep up with my articles or follow me on Instagram/Twitter (@emilyrose0328) to get a glimpse at what's going on with me!