Kellyn Simpkin-Strong Girl Back One Arm
Kellyn Simpkin-Strong Girl Back One Arm
Kellyn Simpkin / Her Campus
Wellness > Mental Health

We All Have Reasons to be Proud of Ourselves

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Oneonta chapter.

Have you ever had such a busy day that by the time you get home, you can’t even function and think normally? Your thoughts then get jumbled together and it feels as if you have a tornado going on in your head. Some people can brush this feeling off, while others can not do so as easily. Being a senior graduating in May, I feel like I am constantly being pulled in too many directions. I have found that reminding myself why I am doing all of this and what I have accomplished so far helps to bring me back to reality.

Here are some reasons why we all should be proud of ourselves:

1. You got out of bed this morning and started your day! This may not seem like a big deal, but to some, it can be.

2. You are probably accomplishing more than you are giving yourself credit for.

3. You are achieving goals, even if they are just short-term

4. Any steps you take today are helping you for a better future

So please, take a moment right now, and pat yourself on the back. Take some alone time and think about all the great things you’ve achieved and use this to motivate you going forward. We can be so hard on ourselves, so taking a second to put everything into perspective can make a world of difference. I also find myself looking forward to the future and not enjoying the present. I tend to struggle to live in the moment, and I realize now how it affects me. We all need to acknowledge how good we are doing, and be proud of all our accomplishments, no matter how big or small.

HCXO,

Emily

Hey! I’m Emily and I am a senior Communications major at SUNY Oneonta! I love to play flute and tennis, and be with my family and friends! I can’t wait to write more articles this semester, and share them with everyone! 
Hey Everyone! My name is Melissa Viskoc and I'm a Junior here at SUNY Oneonta! I am an early childhood education major and I'm one of the Campus Correspondents for the Her Campus Oneonta chapter. I spend most of my time watching reality tv and just about every crime show there is! I hope you enjoy my articles !