The Top 5 Ways to Enjoy the Super Bowl if You Don’t Watch Football

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Oneonta chapter.

This Sunday is the 52nd Super Bowl where the New England Patriots and the Philadelphia Eagles will face off in Minneapolis. Last year, 113.7 million people tuned in to watch Super Bowl 51.

If you’re like me, I don’t watch it unless I am home because it is more of a party when you’re at home. There’s snacks, food, conversation about the commercials and the half-time show.

These are the ways that you can make the Super Bowl fun, even if you don’t like football.

1. Have a Super Bowl party

Invite friends over to your room to watch with you. Having people over while you watch will make it more exciting.

2. Stop by Buffalo Wild Wings and pick up Super Bowl snacks

Even if you don’t like football, having snacks always makes it a party.

3. Have other snacks besides wings

You can get chips and salsa, even guacamole and queso from Mills Market and they can make great Super Bowl snacks.

4. Watch for the commercials

Typically, these are the crowd favorite for those who don’t enjoy football. These are commercials that cost companies 5 million dollars for 30 seconds of air time, so you know they will be good. Besides that, they turn into the best memes right after they air and are the second most talked about thing the next day (remember Mountain Dew’s puppymonkeybaby that still has us disturbed and amused?).

5. The half-time show

This year Justin Timberlake is preforming at the half-time show and he is the first performer ever to have three Super Bowl performances. From the man who brought Sexyback, I Can’t Stop the Feeling! that he will put on a great show and take us all back a few years with some of his hits.

Whatever you do this year, enjoying it with a group of friends and some snacks can turn anything into a party.

My name is Elizabeth Berkowitz, I am currently a junior here at Oneonta. I'm a double major in Commuincations Studies and Art with a concentration in Photography. When I'm not in Oneonta you can find me at home on Long Island, at the beach in Rockaway or with my dog.