samantha gades BlIhVfXbi9s unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
samantha gades BlIhVfXbi9s unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp

The Top 5 Spotify Playlists to Have on While Studying

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Oneonta chapter.

For the majority of my life I have found music to be a great source of comfort.  There is always a song, artist, or playlist to fit your mood or situation.  When it comes to finding a study playlist there are so many options! Personally, I can get distracted by the lyrics of songs, so I prefer to have tracks with minimal vocals when I’m studying.   Here are some of my recommendations!

1. Brain Food 

If I had to pick a favorite studying playlist this would be it! This playlist is very low-key and an easy listen.  It consists mostly of synthesized tracks and has its own unique vibe.  

2. Deep Focus

“Keep calm and focus. This playlist has some great, atmospheric rock to help you relax and concentrate.”

3. Zen: Indie Folk for Focus

“Zone in (or out) with ethereal, meditative instrumental indie fold and acoustic tracks.”

4. Focus Now

“Calm, instrumental classical to hone your focus and embrace your concentration and thought process.”

5. Just Focus

“Music that makes you relax and escape the world around you.”

Spotify allows you to save all of these playlists, so you can easily access them at the start of your study session. Another perk to these playlists is that they are frequently updated, so new tracks are being added frequently. I hope these playlists motivate you to have a productive study session!

HCXO, Shea

Playlist descriptions (#2-#5) are courtesy of Spotify.

Shea Murphy

Oneonta '19

Shea is one of the Campus Correspondents for the HC Oneonta Chapter! Shea is a senior studying Biochemistry at Oneonta. She is a self-proclaimed photographer and loves spending time with her friends and family. When she's not in the lab or studying you can find her outside staying active and enjoying nature!