This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Oneonta chapter.

I grew up traveling and over the years I have been about to see about 30 different countries. Each and every place has amazing things to offer and that is non-negotiable, yet certain things stick out to certain people. These are the top 10 places which I deemed the most travel worthy;

1. Budapest, Hungary

Budapest is an interesting city because there is literally a Buda and Pest side, with each part being separated by a river. Both sides have an interesting history and many things to offer. There is an indescribable beauty to this city. Having now visited the city 2 times I am left completely speechless each and every time. Although this city has a large number of tourists no matter the time of the year, this shouldn’t stop you from adventuring and taking in every aspect of this city.

2. Jerusalem, Israel

Jerusalem is a city full of history for all religions and people of all kinds. It has history of all kinds dating back to the times before Jesus himself, all the way to today. From walking the stations of the cross, to staring at the wonderful western wall that has survived thousands of years of battles and bloodshed, and food from all types of places and the freshest of foods. Israel but Jerusalem in particular has things to offer that places of the world certainly do not.  

3. Paris, France

Paris is a city people dream of seeing and after visiting I can finally understand why. At first, I wasn’t thrilled about going since I had heard extremely mixed reviews, only to find out it is a city that is now one of my favorite places on Earth. From the breath-taking Eiffel Tower, to the endless museums filled with priceless art, and the river which runs directly through the heart of the city. Overall Paris is the city for everyone, with a nightlife for people of age, to boutiques full of the newest fashion for the shopaholic, to the museums ranging from modern art to antiques, and all topped off with endless bakeries full of pastries and breads baked fresh every morning.

4. Santorini, Greece

Greece has many different islands, all of which have their own things to offer. Yet Santorini is a magical place which you can feel from the moment your boat arrives there. It is as if you are walking in a painting. The famous blue rooftops, white walls, crystal clear water and endless stairs no matter where you turn. The island in itself has so much to offer, from the landscape, to the wonderful people, and amazing restaurants it is a place simply like no other.

5. Italy

From the numerous cities I have seen located all over the beautiful boot shaped country, it is extremely hard to pick which city is the best. Italy as a whole is a country full of endless sights to see and things to learn. From the famous leaning tower in the wonderful city of Pisa, to the endless vineyards in rolling hills of Tuscany, all the way to the enchanting floating city of Venice, and finally Vatican City (which is technically its own country), Italy has endless history and breath-taking art work.

6. Lake Bled, Slovenia

Lake Bled is a marvelous lank in the middle of the country of Slovenia. It is surrounded by a beautiful little city with lake side restaurants and shops. In the middle of this lake there is a small island, which also has small wonders of its own. With a small mountain to climb, there is a wonderful clock tower at the top. It is said to bring the answer to a question if you ask it something then pull the string to ring the bell. Although this may not be at the top of everyone’s list, it is definitely a place to be seen by all.

7. Antigua

This wonderful small island located in the Caribbean has wonderful features to offer people of all ages. From relaxing at an all-inclusive resort, to getting away from the stress of everyday life, to renting a car and adventuring the smaller less touristic parts of this island, there is something to do for every person.

8. New York, New York

Being born and raised on Long Island, New York t is something special to me. As most people know, it is the city that never sleeps and is the city for everyone. Between the tons of restaurants that offer food from around the world, to endless museums for children to adults, topped off with a million places to shop, New York is a place for everyone.

9. Petra, Jordan

Petra is an archeological site in the dessert. Rumor says that it has existed since 300B.C. It holds pieces of history that have been marveled from the day it was built. Walking around this city you cannot help yourself  but to wonder how these things came to be. There is something absolutely spectacular about walking around a city that is built into a rock.

10. Machu Picchu, Peru

Listed as an UNECSO site, climbing this amazing cite is breath taking, literally and physically. Although it is located at an extremely high elevation making it hard for the average person to breathe (along with the thousands of steps it takes the get to the top), it is well worth the hike. Standing on top of the mountains and looking down upon this magnificent city (which no one knows who built), will completely take your breath away.

Shea Murphy

Oneonta '19

Shea is one of the Campus Correspondents for the HC Oneonta Chapter! Shea is a senior studying Biochemistry at Oneonta. She is a self-proclaimed photographer and loves spending time with her friends and family. When she's not in the lab or studying you can find her outside staying active and enjoying nature!